Friday, September 2, 2011

10 Day you Challenge - Day 6


Who actually needs to do these every day?  Apparently, not this girl.  You see this is why I don't have set posts each week. Six places could go a lot of different ways. I decided to choose six places that have a lot of meaning to me.

six places

  1. Our House.  Though I complain to Aaron about it all the time and look at houses constantly on Real Tracs, it will always be the place of so many firsts and a place filled with so much love.  I know when I leave I'm going to cry like a baby.  It was our first house, we got our dogs here, painted together and decorated together, we brought our baby to this home, etc.   
  2. The library.  I don't go that often anymore because nursing school ruined books for me, but it still holds a dear place in my heart.  It's probably because my mom started taking me to story hour when I was a toddler.  Also, I love the smell of a good book and the weight of it in my hand.  Reading is where it is at. 
  3. My great-grandmother's house.  Ah, the original Nola.  She's long since passed away and her house was sold a long time ago.  So many things remind me of it.  I still remember the way it smells.  I think of it fondly often.  We usually only went to visit on holidays because her house was about two hours away from us.  I remember playing with spools (she saved them so that we could build things with them), watching the Thanksgiving or Christmas parades on tv, swinging on her porch swing, feeling big because my parents would let us go to the small little market across the street to get candy, sitting on her red stool in the kitchen "helping" her cook, cooked apples, her pantry full of things she canned, and opening gifts. 
  4. Hawaii, France, Ireland & New Zealand.  As Tina Fey would say, "I want to go to there."  Technically, four places, but these are places that I hope to go in this lifetime.  If I get to just one of them, I will be a happy girl.    
  5. The North Pole. I'm not even kidding, folks.  Yes, I know it doesn't exist.  I'm telling you, Christmas was almost ruined because I found out Santa wasn't real.  I mean I was DEVASTATED.  I love the idea of it.  I wish it were real.  Think of how magical it would be.
  6. The Beach.  Give me a beach, any beach and I would be happy.  They make the best vacations.  I'm going to one tomorrow.  Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment