Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The little family that could

Yes, I had started the last post forever ago and just now published it.  I will get a handle on this blog/mom/life thing.  It's crazy how fast a day can go by and then I look around and think, "What the heck have I done today!?" 

It's killing me that I can't keep my house spotless, but I've come up with a plan.  I've decided to focus on just one room a day on the days I don't work to clean.  I'm still going to have my mom come over one day and watch Nola, so that I can clean for a few hours.  I hate when things are messy.  Chaos is not good for me.  Just ask the panic attacks that are trying to sneak back into my life.  Great.

I love my job and all.  It's great that Nola only has to go to daycare two days a week, but working 10a-10p (or lately 10:30) means that on those days I can't get anything done.  I wake up at 6:30 and have just enough time to shower and get myself ready, feed and get Nola ready, walk the dogs, load up my car, and eat breakfast, so that I can walk out the door at 8:35.  Time is a blur on those mornings.  I usually don't get home from work until 10:45 or 11:00 at night, depending on when I actually get to leave, so I try to wind down and end up in bed around 12:00.   I do enjoy my job and it does pay the bills. 

Also, I miss my husband.  It's crazy we live in the same house, but basically see each other after 8:00p on Monday and Wednesday and on Friday nights.  I hate that our schedules are opposite of each other, but our Nola girl is getting a lot of our attention, so that's better for her.  Okay, enough complaining.  Moving on.

Regardless of everything above, life is pretty good in the O house.  Nola is thriving and we're surviving.  I managed to cook two nights this week so far.  Holla!  It's nice to have Roasted Vegetable Lasagna and Sweet Potato and Hominy Soup leftovers in the fridge right now.  The little love bug is sleeping pretty well at night and has been for a good little while now.  We're working on her screaming her head off when try to put her down.  She is so stubborn.  I see the teen-aged years and I'm petrified.

I need to update with some pictures.  So much as happened over the last month.  I'll try my best to do some more updates this week.  In the words of a famous train, "I think I can, I think I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment