Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nola's world: month 4

I am doing horribly about updating Nola's baby book.  I decided that this month I would document it here, so I don't forget anything before I get around to writing it all down. 

Nola just turned 5 months yesterday.  Seriously.  She's almost half a year old.  How did that happen?  I'm not biased or anything, but she is absolutely adorable and a (sometimes evil) little genius.  Here are some things that rocked her world over the last month.

What she's doing:
  • Giving kisses.  So stinkin' cute.  I love the open mouthed, slobbery kisses, so much cuter than my ex-boyfriend, but that's a different story.
  • Dropping toys on purpose.  She thinks it's funny.  I find it quite annoying.  On more than one occasion, we've been those parents that are frantically walking around a store looking for her dropped favorite toys. 
  • Laughing at being tickled.  Being tickled used to give her this surprised wide-eye look that immediately went into a cry.  Now, she gets it and thinks it's hilarious.  Her laugh can change an entire day for me.
  • Hating shoes.  She'll come around.  She tries her best to kick those things off and she gets mad!  In the back seat on the way to meet my friend (Shout out to Esther!) for lunch and shopping, I could hear her rubbing her little moccasins together (Yes, she has moccasins.  I die.) trying to get them off.  She's ridiculous.
  • Smiling at clothes.  I know which ones to buy because her face lights up.  Mr. O's wallet is in trouble.  Two girls that love to shop.  She's my little partner in crime.
  • Finally, enjoying her baths.  She just discovered with the help of her momma that she can splash.  It's really cute now.  I'm sure it won't be so cute when she's like one.
  • Sleeping on her belly.  We finally feel comfortable letting her do this because she can turn her head.  She sleeps so much better than before. 
  • Sitting up with help.  She will sit up for like 10 seconds and then fall.  I've been working with her.
  • Rolling from her stomach to back.  She's only done it twice, but we "practice" it a lot.
  • Still sleeping in our room.  I know, I know, we need to move her to her room, but I just can't yet.
  • Loving some books.  We've started reading at least two stories at night before she goes to bed.
  • Chewing on her hands and everything else that gets close to her mouth.  I don't think she's teething, but she constantly chews on things.  A few weeks ago I was looking in the rear view mirror and her head was down.  I realized that she was chewing on the chest strap of her car seat.  Strange little thing that one.
  • Grabbing her feet.
What she's loving:
  • Sophie the giraffe.
  • Gina the Giraffe from Great Britain.
  • When we talk in accents with her toys.  Yes, all of her toys are from different countries.  We are dorks, but it gets lots of smiles.
  • Little kids.  She loves some little people!  When I drop her off at daycare, I'm standing in the doorway waving bye and she's smiling at all the little kids and not paying a bit attention to me.  This makes me so happy.  It's easier to drop her off with those smiles.  She especially loves Hayden, who now calls me his aunt-mom, and Brice.
  • Mirrors.  That child lights up when she sees herself.  That, along with everyone in the world telling her she's beautiful, I tell her all the time that it's good to be cute, but it's even better to be smart, nice to people and a good girl.
  • Bath time and splashing.
  • Shopping with me.
  • Talking in her baby language.  Melt my heart.  If only, we knew what she was saying.
  • Being outside.  This girl is an outside kind of girl.  She can't stop looking at everything.
  • Her nana and my sister.  She loves both of them. My sister makes her laugh so hard.  That's because she acts like she's five years old.
  • Sophie.  As in, our dog.  She is now okay with touching her too. 
Things she's not loving:
  • Sleeping.  She hates naps and going to sleep.
  • Being confined for too long.  She loves her car seat, stroller, and bumbo for about 30 minutes and then she wants to move around.
  • Being sick.  She had her first cold last week.  It was pitiful.  I hated it more than her, but she was fussy and clingy all week.  She's all better now.
  • Her swing.  I know, she used to love it!  Now, she gets mad because she starts falling asleep pretty quickly in it. 
  • Diaper changes and when her diaper is wet/dirty.  Yes, these contradict each other.  She cries when it's dirty and then cries again when you lay her down to change her. 
  • The snot sucking thingy.  This was horrible.  She screamed like I was killing her, but then she was able to breathe, so worth it in the end.
  • When her mom cuts her with the nail clippers.  Yes, I did this.  I cried harder than her.  We were both hysterical.  Did I mention it bleed for 45 minutes?  I thought for sure we were going to have to go to a walk in clinic.  Did I also mention that Aaron had to go get a first aid kit because we didn't have one?  Nurse fail.  Mom fail.  Overall fail.
  • Having her picture taken.  Let's face it, the camera is constantly in her face.  I think it's the flash more than anything that gets on her nerves.  I'm sure she knows what it feels like to be stalked by paparazzi.  Paparazzi of one, right here.
Nicknames:
  • Nola girl.  Monkey.  Love Bug.  Sweet or baby girl.  Nolie Poly.  Angry bird.
Cuteness overload:
















 

1 comment:

  1. When Ella was a baby she always kicked her right shoe off, and eventually she ended up with enough left shoes for an entire one-legged baby army.

    Also, my sister was so afraid of cutting her babies' nails thath she'd bite them herself just before she put them in the bathtub. ???

    ReplyDelete