Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Summer, don't leave me

It's funny. I’ve never really been a Summer person. I don’t like the heat and I hate the lack of clothing. I love clothes, so the more the merrier. I like layering and being wrapped in a cozy sweater. I love the smell of Fall, anything pumpkin, hot cocoa, boots and the first cold nights. What can I say, I’m a Fall girl at heart. Now, I never thought I’d say this, but I’m going the miss the summer. I’m slightly heartbroken that it’s over.

Things I’ll miss most:
  1. I’m sun-kissed and it’s starting to fade. It makes me sad. Not that I’m an avid tanner, but what’s a little glow from the sun? I will not use the evil that is the tanning bed.
  2. Gladiator sandals
  3. The smell of sunscreen and my summery perfumes.
  4. My new bathing suit with its skull and crossbones because I’m so Rock-n-Roll.
  5. The beach, that I didn’t even get to go to this year, and now as the weather gets cooler, I know that I've almost missed my chance for the year.
  6. Summer nights, whether it be beer in hand, Scrabble on the back deck, riding with windows down, etc. I'll miss it all.
  7. The Summer sun. All the days of rain, made me appreciate the brightest and even the heat.
  8. Being barefoot
  9. Summer foods, though I welcome chili and soups with open arms
  10. Outdoor shows

No comments:

Post a Comment