Monday, November 9, 2009

Bon Appetit!

I've had a gift card to the Viking Cooking School for a year and a half, thanks to some lovely friends (shout out to Ashley!). Things like school and other things got in the way of me using it. Also, I never really saw a class that I loved. However, when I saw the Julia Child class, I knew that was the one!

We made beef bourguignon, souffle, and poached eggs, among other things. All things that I had never tried, but wanted to know how to do. I learned more from the chef teaching the class, than hours and hours of watching food based shows. We laughed, spilled, learned, cooked, ate and had a lovely evening. I highly recommend taking a class, if you're able too. I definitely plan on taking another one.

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." Harriet Van Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment