Saturday, March 5, 2011

For the love of books

I'm reading, not one, not two, but three books.  What can I say, every girl needs a little variety. 

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

* I'm trying to have a natural childbirth.  I'm not very far into, but I think it will be really helpful.  I'm unsure of how the hospital is going to be, considering they are all about the medicine, but this book makes me realize that I don't believe midwives are for me either, but they are insightful.

In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto

* I've had this book for a while and have never read it.  I've just read the introduction, but I can tell it's going to be a good read.  Michael Pollan did a lot of the narrating in Food, Inc.  If you haven't seen that movie, it will change your mind about the way you eat and if it doesn't, something is wrong with you, seriously.

Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain

* I used part of my Christmas money to get this book.  I saw her interview on Oprah and was intrigued.  As someone, who's had eating issues in the past, what she said was very true.  So far, it's pretty good, but again, not too far into it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment