Friday, March 25, 2011

Where were you?

I can not believe that I have not posted in almost a month.  Where have I been, you ask?  Well, I've been picking up extra shifts, we had an out of town house guest, and doing a little spring cleaning.  Time got away from me.  I've also been scrambling to find baby things and making lists of all the things I have to do in the next 9 WEEKS.  Yes, we only have nine weeks (hopefully!) until we hold little Nola in our arms. 

So, here's an update on what's been going on.
  • I've reentered the tired stage of pregnancy.  It's not quite as bad as in the first trimester, but let's just say I've been partaking in some napping lately.  In fact, I did today.  I slept more than I was actually awake during the daytime hours.  I think I'm getting sick though.  Sigh.  I'm hoping it's just my allergies in overdrive.
  • I'm still reading the same three books.  I haven't been as dedicated to reading the last two weeks.
  • We've gone out and have eaten out a lot in the last few weeks.  Good food, but bad for our baby funds.
  • Misc things:  Aaron's cousin, Lanie, was in town for a visit. It was nice to see her.  I went to an awesome consignment sale with my mom (more on that later and posts of all the clothes I bought).  Yes, I know I should stop buying clothing, but it's so dang hard when you see something cute.  When Hayden lived with us, he had entirely too many clothes, many with tags still on them.  I know I need to reign it in.  What can I say, if I can't buy for myself, then I have to buy for the child.  Speaking of the child, I now, officially look pregnant (maybe a picture soon).  It's about time!  Every single time I tell someone how far along I am, they can't believe it.  I'm very grateful that I feel great and that I haven't gained a lot of weight, just 18 pounds so far.  My doctor says that I'm doing beautifully and she can't ask me to do any better.  Word.  That's what I'm talking about.  I'm beginning to hate when people ask if I plan on having an epidural.  When I say no, they are full of opinions and comments, like "Good luck with that" or "Don't be hard on yourself when you have to get it."  Well, I think that's crap.  I know, what I'm capable of.  I know, if I need it, I'll take it, but it's the furthest from my mind now.  I used to be scared to death of the thought of childbirth, but now, I'm eerily calm.  It doesn't scare me in the least bit.  All you mothers that have birthed your babies, please keep your comments to yourself.  I know, it's going to hurt.  I know, it'll be the worst pain that I'll ever probably experience (hopefully, anyways), but I know it'll be beyond worth it and I know I am capable of absolutely anything for one day out of 364.  It's mind over matter, baby.  I think people underestimate what their bodies can do.  Now, I'm going to be so disappointed if I have to have c-section.  I actually look forward to the pain and the passage into motherhood.  It's about dang time, I joined that exclusive club.  I'll keep the mental scars close to my heart afterwards.
  • Oh my goodness, I discovered the deliciousness of glazed donuts from Dunkin' Donuts.  Krispy Kreme, who?  I usually don't think donuts are worth the amount of fat that they contain, but I could eat a dozen of these, fo' reals.  One thing is for sure, this baby likes some junky food.  We'll have to fix that when she arrives.
  • We've made a little progress in the nursery.  Our baby bed should arrive next week.  I ended up going with a black Jenny Lind style bed, instead of us painting it.  We are painting (Valspar's Bumblebee) the rocker we bought off of Craigslist.  We found the Russian doll fabric.  Woot!  So, my mother-in- law will recreate the bumper for me.  I found some beautiful fabric for the other side of the bumper too.  Also, my mother-in-law started making my curtains with fabric that she found that I loved when I saw it in person.  I think it will all blend nicely together.  I'm thinking of trying the ottoman, but I may have to return it, if it's just too much with everything else.  I'm now on the hunt for a chevron and yellow rug, since I didn't go on that pattern on the curtains. 
* Bumper fabric and design *


* Curtain fabric. Sorry, I don't have a better picture of it.



* Flip side of the bumper fabric.  I am in love with this fabric!

Things I'm excited about in the near future:
  • childbirth class and a tour of the labor and delivery floor tomorrow
  • my first baby shower next weekend
  • the flea market this weekend
  • completing projects for the nursery
  • hanging out with Mr. O for an all day marathon of Nurse Jackie on Sunday and possibly dinner with B & D.
  • warm weather and bringing out my flats
  • my second and third showers, which are in April
  • my birthday!  Sushi, anyone?  Yes, the cooked ones, of course.
  • the Easter egg hunt that my mom always hosts at her house
  • a benefit concert that my brother's band is playing.  They are playing 90's cover songs, since their original material isn't ready yet or not ready for this crowd.  One of the covers is Sponge..I swoon.  I love them.  More details to follow, if anyone is interested in coming.  It's a $10 cover charge.
  • the Adele concert...our first date night out after our little bebe's arrival

2 comments:

  1. 1. Unsolicited advice is like diarrhea to me. It just flows out, I can't help it.

    2. With that said, I know you can have an epidural free birth. But if you decide against it, don't listen to those other sissies: epidurals do not hurt. That I do know. And c-sections don't hurt either. So next time some bitchass says that either hurt, think to yourself, "Crybaby".

    3. I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE those fabrics! I cannot WAIT to see Baby Nola's room (and Baby Nola for that matter!). And I am SO bringing you meals when I come to visit her!

    4. Can't wait 'til lunch on Wednesday! Three words: fried pickle chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "crybaby" on a daily basis at work. People's pain thresholds are way lower than they should be.

    I will openly take your food and enjoy your visit! :)

    Must reschedule Toot's and soon!

    ReplyDelete