Monday, January 16, 2012

Another year gone by

It's funny how you wake up on New Year's Day and it really does feel like a fresh start (or is that just me).  I feel revived and happy.   Bring on the new year, please.  I am ready for it.  2012 has a lot to live up to with all the blessings that 2011 bestowed on me.  You know me, I'm always trying to put positive energy out and it seems to work in my favor.  For that reason, I have no doubt that this year will exceed my expectations.

To be honest, I don't really remember last year's goals.  First time parenting really throws you for a loop, doesn't it?  I had no idea that my world would be flipped upside down.  Ah, sweet naivety.  Usually I will repost last year's goals and go over how I accomplished the goals or how I fell short with a reason to back it up, but I don't want to do that this year.  Last year was the year of Nola.  That's all that matters. 

This year's goals all came to me without any effort of thinking about them and pondering what I should for the year.  They are things that I want to work on or do regardless of whether it's January or the beginning of the new year.  So without further ado, here is what I hope the year has in store for me.

  1. Bring healthy back.  This means lose the pesky 3 or 4 pounds that I have left from having Nola, exercise more, and return to eating better.  During my pregnancy, I may have only gained 26 pounds, but I was not eating so well towards the end.  You guys, remember my reeses peanut butter cup and Dr. Pepper love.  Well, I'm still drinking Dr. Pepper, where as, before I rarely drank them.  In 2009, I vowed to cut out sodas from my diet and I went 6 months without drinking a single one.  I haven't been eating well lately either, I feel bloated and just ugh.  The good thing about living a pretty healthy lifestyle is when you lose your way your body doesn't like it one bit.  It helps to keep you more accountable.  Also, I want to start exercising again.  I was walking and jogging before I got pregnant and have only gone a handful of times since having Nola.  I'm contemplating doing a 21 day cleanse, but not being able to have caffeine scares me a little.  Plus, I had to give it up for 9 months, I finally get to enjoy my coffee again.  Granted, it is only 21 days.  Anyways, I'm not going to deprive myself, so if I want the dang cheeseburger and fries, I'll eat it, but I am going back to my old ways of eating better and getting the ol' muscles working again.  For the record, I'm drinking a Dr. Pepper as I type this.  Baby steps, people, baby steps.
  2. Make or buy all my gifts for throughout the year early.  This is still fresh on my mind because Christmas had me running around days before trying to finish up my shopping.  That is so how I don't usually do things. I usually pick things up throughout the year when they are on sale and am finished shopping early.  I usually keep a running tab of who's birthday is next, so that I can buy the gifts a month or two ahead.  I already have a good start.  We started a tradition this year of the three of us getting pajamas to open on Christmas Eve.  I've already bought all three of our pajamas for next year.  They were all on clearance too!  It stresses me out to not be prepared for things, which brings me to my next goal.
  3. Get organized again.  I don't know how I'm going to do this or don't really have a plan, but I need to do something.  After panic attacks started rearing their little dirty little heads again, I vowed I had to do something.  Things have gotten better.  I still can't get a handle on all the errands and housework.  How do you other moms do it?  It has gotten better now that Nola doesn't want me to hold her 24/7, but I still need to get an even better grip on things.  I still do my meal plans, which are helpful, but I guess I need a schedule or to start doing my daily lists again to stay on top of things.  
  4. Back to the budget.  You all know I'm thrifty, but I think I'm going back to budgeting more.  Meaning, checking sales papers and going to the store with the cheapest prices.  Making sure I have my coupons handy, even when it comes to going out to dinner.  Basing my meal plan on what meats and things are on sale.  I want to put more in savings and save towards doing some sprucing up to the house.  I've already started this one too.  I've picked up quit a few things for Miss Nola for next year.  Let's hope she stays on track as far as clothing fitting her based on her age.  Plus, I'm trying to meal plan based on what I already have at home.  My pantry is too full.  No, I'm not bragging on that one!  
  5. Spruce up this house.  Well, since I'll be budgeting and saving, it's definitely the year to to do this!  We have too many half finished projects.  It's so annoying to me.  I want to try to focus on one room and then finish it and then move on.  This seems oddly familiar.  Was it on last year's list?  I'm too lazy right now to look.  We are FINALLY almost finished with Nola's room.  It has turned out remarkably just like I wanted it.  As soon as things are finished up, I'll post some pictures.  She is finally sleeping in there!  I must say, as much as I didn't want to move her up, it has really been the best thing.  She sleeps better, wakes up happier, and we can walk around our room and talk (amongst other things) in bed without worrying that we're going to wake up the baby that is snoozing right next to our bed.  On the list for this year is also replacing the carpets/flooring.  It is so time.  It's going to hit us in the financial area, but will be so worth it.  Now to try to talk Mr. O into hardwood on the first floor.  Bringing up the house, if I were moving right now, check out these two houses, mls 1301520 and 1328184 .  There are plenty of things I would change, like pastel walls, but they have pretty good bones to work with.  I especially like the first one.  I am definitely not a new construction kind of girl.
  6. Another O baby.  Yes, really.  Would I like to have more time in between them?  Yes, of course. The age of my eggs are hurrying things up a bit.  Yes, I know plenty of people of people older than me have perfectly healthy kids, but I can also plead the case for all the people my age or younger that have Down Syndrome babies or other birth defects.  Plus, do I really want to be like 50 when my child is in elementary school?  Hells to the no.  Some people may be fine with that and to each his or her own, but for me, time is of the essence.  We'll be trying later this year.  I haven't decided if I'll blog about the attempts or our treatments if we have to go that route again, which I'm hoping we won't have too and my body will get it together.  Maybe I will or maybe I won't, but there is another O baby on the horizon.  Seriously, have you seen my child?  How could we not have another?  Just so you know, I haven't been on birth control, since having Nola, but given the fact, that I was off of it for years and years and nothing happened, I'd rather take my changes than prohibit something that may be difficult to achieve.  You feel me?
All in all, not a bad list.  Short and simple and all necessary.  I have a good feeling about 2012.  Bring it on.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment