Saturday, July 24, 2010

I love the color of it all

This week at work was very interesting.  It was unbelievably slow one day, which was nice, and weird, but don't worry, we got paid back for it yesterday, where I had to work over an hour.  I felt threatened for the first time in the ER.  It's the first time where I truly felt intuition at work.  That intuition said, "Get the heck out of this room."  Right as I was backing out, the patient started pushing their way out.  Luckily, I had a rolling cart/computer between us.  I completely believe in intuition.  You have instincts that show themselves when you aren't safe.  The hairs on the back of my neck stood up.  I guess, we're more animal than some want to admit.

The "diet" is going okay.  How do you not eat carbs?  They are in everything and in massive quantities!  B, I need you to forward me what you and D eat.  I have no idea how to do it effectively.  I am eating carbs with protein.  Right now, I'm eating saltines and peanut butter, like I did when I was five.  It's very hard for this sugar lover to not eat a lot of sugar too. 

I'm trying really hard to cut back on coffee too, but it's hanging onto my leg begging me to take it back and how can I say no to it's hotness and richness.  I try to explain I have to do this for my future children and to not take it the wrong way that I'm choosing unborn people over it.  This one is tough.  Green tea just doesn't seem as alluring and mysterious.  You know, I used to be all about mysterious and alluring. Old habits die hard and caffeine addiction is a ....

I actually started this post almost a week ago.  This week went by really quickly.  Somehow, I managed to have three days off, but still haven't gone to the grocery, updated my blog, or finished cleaning the house.  I'm not sure what I filled my time with.  It's pretty obvious it was not the things that I needed to do.

I'll leave you with a list of things I've been pondering lately.
  • Summer nights are absolutely magical.  As I walked the dogs the other night, I actually felt an energy in the dark sky.  I have always loved summer nights.  Some of my best memories are driving around on summer nights with my windows down and music playing.  I've never really been a fan of summer, besides the getting out of school part when I was younger, but for the last few years, I have really grown to appreciate it.  Maybe it's the fact that I think I appreciate everything more now.  It's easier for me to find loveliness in all things now.
  • Why are there so many abscesses in Sumner County?  There is a lot of MRSA out there.  I washed up to my elbows more than once yesterday at work.  Shudder.  I can't tell you how much I say, "Take all of your antibiotics.  Every bit of them, even if, you feel better." People don't understand that we created MRSA.
  • I'm seriously thinking of either going back to school to do Nurse Practioner or Physcian's Assistant.  I want to get more experience as a nurse first, but in several years, it's something I'm definitely going to check into.  One of the ladies at work told me that nothing is stopping me from becoming a doctor and some of the best doctors were actually nurses first.  We shall see.  Medical School scares me to death.  It's one of the reasons that I changed my major all those years ago.
  • Why does my ipod love Ben Harper and Ani Difranco so much?  I love them too, but when I put it on shuffle, I'd like to hear more than just two artists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment