Monday, August 9, 2010

Let's play catch-up

I had a million ideas for posts the week before we left for vacation, but I had no time.  That week was completely exhausting.  I have forgotten most of it, so I figure I would do a little catch up. 

Vacation was so nice.  I wish we could go on at least four or five a year.  I'll do another post of pictures and "Things I learned on vacation."  Give or take a few things, I loved vacation. 

We went to our doctor's appointment when we got back into town.  We received good news.  No, I'm not pregnant yet.  So far we've paid $746.25, which blows my mind, but is so worth it at the same time.  I also promised Mr. O that I would not talk about this or blog about this anymore, unless we get bad news, which isn't going to happen. Expect to hear from me in, oh, 8 weeks, give or take a week or two or three.

I have to go into work today for the first time in like 10 days.  I'm not dreading it as badly as I expected, but that could change as I'm clocking in at the time clock at 1:00.  I actually took Saturday off this week too, so I'll be off another six days after I work today and tomorrow.  It's almost like getting a second vacation.  Word.  I'm hoping to get to see some of you over this time too.

Some miscellaneous items are:  I'm tan!  I like it.  I gained four pounds over vacation.  Seriously, how does that happen?  I think it's partly that I'm bloated, maybe from the meds or maybe I just gorged myself and was way off my normal routine.  I'm still dumbfounded by seeing the true character of a person that I'm close too.  It's so disappointing when realize that someone can be nothing like you thought they were.  Yes, that's vague, but that's how I'm leaving that.  I'm working on the whole coffee thing, but I just can't give it up yet.  Addiction is hard, man.  How did August get here so quickly?  I'm still dumbfounded by that.  This year has flown by.  Speaking of that, I've officially been a nurse for one year.  I can't believe that either.  Of course, I have only been nursing for 9 months.  I'm proud of how much I have grown and learned in such a short time. 

That's it and that's all for now, my friends.  More to follow over my six days off.  I'm going to try to do better with blogging.  I know you're all dying to hear my thoughts more.

No comments:

Post a Comment