Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Confessions of a pregnant 32 year old

  • I have no energy, but I'll take that over nausea any day of the week.  I haven't been nauseous at all, not even one day.  FYI, there is a stomach virus going around.  Beware and wash your hands.  I'm praying I don't get it.  I saw three patients yesterday and those were just mine.  The ER was full of nausea and vomiting yesterday.
  • My HCG levels went from 97 on Friday to 500 on Monday when we first found out.  We were scared that there would be two, but there is only one.  Though my sister swears there is one hiding because she keeps dreaming I'll have twin girls.
  • I have no food cravings really, but I have food aversions.  I cannot even look at hummus or yogurt without my stomach turning.  I hope I regain my love for them.  Oh and if I don't want to eat something.  I don't eat it.  Sometimes nothing looks or sounds good.
  • On the opposite hand, I have been loving some orange juice and cinnamon raisin english muffins.  Neither of which, I loved before this.  I hate raisins!
  • We have eaten out far more than I would like to admit.  Partly, because I'm too lazy to cook and partly because nothing will look good to me.  Aaron has been a trooper.  He's eaten at Chik fila several times, even though he doesn't really like it.  I've also stopped at Taco Bell after work more than once.  *hangs head in shame*
  • I'm off one of my pregnancy meds and will come off the other one in a couple of weeks.  Finally, I'll be a normal pregnant person, just be taking prenatal vitamins, if my body does what it's supposed to do.  Prayers are still welcome, we're not quite out of the woods yet.
  • I've already gained 2.5 pounds.  I'll say that Halloween and Gatlinburg had a part in that though because I'm up a pound from before they occurred.  Plus, I don't usually eat all the crap I've been eating.  I will say though I ate great until the last two weeks.  The yolk sac that nutritious the baby was too big and we were warned about miscarriage, but I knew it's because I was eating so much protein and folic acid that I knew the baby just couldn't take in all the nutrients. 
  • The heartburn/indigestion is horrible.  Tums is a really good friend now.
  • Wait, I'll take the craving part back, because I am craving two things:  a nice cold beer and a sub sandwich.  Neither of which, I can have.  I've made Aaron promise to bring me a firehouse sub to the hospital after I have the baby.  Every time he drinks a beer I ask, "How's the beer?" and he usually responds "So good," and I say with a frown, "I bet."  Sigh.  He'd sneak in a beer to the hospital, if I wanted him too.  He's such a great husband.
  • I tried drinking half a cup of coffee in Gatlinburg.  I drank a few sips and gave it to Aaron.  I'm sure that love will come back though.  I wouldn't give up coffee for just anyone.
  • The reason word got out at work was because I had to tell my director and assistant director and they had to tell the charge nurses, so that the can prevent me from going in rooms I shouldn't go into.  It was supposed to be a secret, but one charge nurse said something to me in front of someone, and they said something in front of someone else, etc, etc.  It was spiraling out of control, so we knew we had to go ahead and tell everyone.  I'm glad I don't have to hold it in anymore though.  It's a lot to hold in.  Oh yeah, at work, I've had not one, not two, not even three, but four patients that possibly had meningitis.  I never realized how dangerous my job is, pregnant or not.
  • I have nursery ideas in my head.  I've already been picking some things up, including the dresser from the flea market.  Most of what I'm drawn too is girly, so lets hope it's a girl or I have one at some point. Don't expect it to be pink, yellow, or pastel colors.  You know, I don't roll that way.  The walls up there are already aqua/robin's egg blue and the baby bed will be painted bright red or bright yellow, but probably red.
  • I really don't care one way or another if it's a girl or boy.  I, honestly, think boys are more fun and way less demanding than girls.  I just want a healthy baby.  Aaron wants a healthy baby, but wants a boy first.  Go figure. :)
  • We have some names picked out, but they will remain a secret for a little while, at least until we find out the sex.
  • It's amazing to think that this baby went from the size of a sesame seed to the size of a prune.  The human body is amazing.  I see it everyday at work, but this truly shows what it is capable of.
  • I can't wait to make my own organic baby food and I want to learn how to sew.  Baby clothes don't look that difficult to make.  You'll be happy to know that I've refrained from buying any more clothing since becoming pregnant.  I didn't want to jinx it, but I also know that I'll receive a lot too.
That's all for now.  I'm going to shop with the oldies (it's senior day at Kroger).  Time to pick up some food that actually appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment