Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We're outed...

..on Facebook.  Of course, we did it to ourselves.  We are just so stinking excited!  I feel much better now that we are almost into the second trimester.  One more week and a few days and I'll be in the 2nd trimester, otherwise known as the safety zone.  I still know that anything can happen, but it puts my mind at ease a little.

We had the big "first" ultrasound yesterday.  Of course, it wasn't our first.  In true Ordonez style, it took one hour for the baby to position itself so that the lady doing the ultrasound could get the shots she needed to see any signs of Down Syndrome or other abnormalities.  One hour, people!  All the baby wanted to do was kick back, legs crossed and up and hands behind his/her head.  It was cracking us up.  I told Aaron that the baby was already taking after him.  Meanwhile, my bladder was filling and I was extremely uncomfortable.  Thanks, baby! He/She is already testing me.

Everything looked great to me.  Of course, I'm no expert on ultrasounds, but you better believe I looked up what abnormal ultrasounds look like, so that I would know when I saw it.  They basically look at the nuchal folds behind the baby's neck and at the nasal bones.  Down Syndrome babies don't have nasal bones or at least not the correct nasal bones and they have larger nuchal folds.  Both of those things checked out on Baby O! 

Now, how am I going to hold out for 7 more weeks to find out the sex? It's driving me crazy. I don't know how people wait to find out.  There are so many things to plan for where you need to know that little piece of information.  Plus, I can't wait to stop saying it or he/she.

Okay, off to get ready for work.  Blah.  This is going to be a very busy week starting on Thursday.  The O parents are coming into town next week for Thanksgiving and they are staying with us.  They also informed us that they will be coming earlier than anticipated, like as in Monday of next week, instead of Wednesday.  It's too bad that I took off Tuesday to clean.  Now, I have to clean on Thursday and Friday of this week, since they are the only days off I have before they get here.  My lack of energy has left this house less than clean, so I have my work cut out for me.  My energy has started making a comeback and I feel great, so I think I can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment