Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving thanks

I am thankful for so many things this year.  A list of some of them seemed appropriate for this time of year.
  • This baby that we have waited so long for.  Everything is going splendidly at this time.  The 12 week ultrasound showed no abnormalities.  Everything looked perfectly normal.  Seeing him or her swallowing, moving, and kicked back relaxing has been the highlight of this month.  I cannot wait until May!  Wait, I can't wait until the first week of January when we get to find out the sex either.
  • A pregnancy that, so far, as been void of sickness.  I am so grateful for not being nauseous.  I was so afraid that I would be, since I get car sick and queasy so easily.  I hope the second time goes this smoothly!
  • A job that I love and enjoy going to, just about every day.  Now, after the rough Monday I had (more on that later), I really dreaded coming in today.  When I got here, my first two patients got admitted, one to surgery and one to the floor.  I was seriously on the verge of tears, but I sucked it up and changed my outlook and things started to improve almost instantly.  I really do love it.  Not only the job, but the people are fantastic.  I think some of them are just as excited as I am that I'm pregnant.  It really feels like a family here, instead of just coworkers.
  • A husband that is the peanut butter to my jelly.  I love him so much.  He makes me feel loved, appreciated, smart, beautiful, and happy.  You guys already know that because I blab about him all the time.
  • My health.  Seriously, with as many sick people that I am around, I am so grateful that I have not been sick.  I figured that with working at an ER, which I've been told, I would be sick all the time.  I haven't really gotten any sicknesses from patients.  In fact, I believe the last time I was sick was last November.  I better knock on some wood.  I have a pretty strong immune system.  I like to think that it's because I eat pretty healthy on most occasions.  Down with the sickness.
  • Great friends.  Seriously.  I have some of the best friends that a girl can have.  They (you guys) bring so much happiness and laughter into my life.
  • My family.  I love them so.  Aaron's family too.  It's pretty amazing when you find an amazing husband who has an amazing family. 
  • My house.  I complain about it all the time, but I really do love it.  There will be changes to come to make me love it even more.  Who isn't grateful for having a roof over their head?  Especially, a place that feels like home and that you miss when you are away from it.
  • Income.  In these economic times, I am so thankful that Aaron and I both have jobs and have a steady income.  We've dealt with a layoff before and it is no fun.  I feel sorry for the people that are out there looking for jobs to help support their families, but can't find them. 
My life is pretty amazing right now.  I have no complaints.  I could list a million things, but I'll spare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment