Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tick tock

So, the clock is ticking and let me tell you what we have left to do before Aaron's parents come into town:

- paint the bathroom (yes, we decided to paint the bathroom)
-rehang the shower curtain rod (a house guest pulled it out of the wall..yeah, really)
-fix the leak in the guest bathroom/replace faucet
-finish cleaning the bathroom (lets just say I spent over an hour cleaning base boards..I don't want to talk about it.  It makes me so angry.  You should keep on an eye on things whenever you aren't using them, if you own them and will be responsible for them later.)
-change the guest sheets, dust and vacuum the room
-vacuum the stairs
-basically vacuum and dust the whole house
-mop
-clean the half bathroom
-clean out the refrigerator (I just did this about a month ago, but something got spilled on the second shelf)
-make sure the microwave is in perfect clean condition (it's my mother-in-law's pet peeve)
-make sure the washer and dryer aren't dusty, since they might use them.
-wash the kitchen cabinets
-let's not even mention the mess that is our room and our bathroom, which will get neglected to finish everything else.

See, we have a lot to do!  They get here in two days and I work the next two days.  I'm at work right now too.  I left my husband at home today and he informed me that he didn't get much done.  I'm trying really hard not to stress out.

Now, our house isn't as messy or dirty as it seems from this list.  It's just my mother-in-law is a perfectionist.  I basically "spring clean" the entire house when they come into town. 

I had Friday off and I can't think of what I did for most of the day, besides the cleaning the bathroom and baseboards and picking up any clutter.  I should have done more and we would not be where we are right now, which is way behind.  My only hope is that they come in late Monday night and I can do somethings before work and Aaron can do some things after work.

Does anyone want to come clean my house or better yet, anyone know any cleaning fairies or magic genies? 
Desperate times call for desperate measures!

2 comments:

  1. How many times (YEARS) have I told you to make their ass go to the Holiday Inn?! If I didn't have two huge tests on Tuesday I'd come over and help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that's not how his family rolls. They stay with each other. One time we went to Florida and like 10 or 12 of us were staying at one house, which was big, but still. Aaron and I and Audra and her (ex)husband went to a hotel after a few days. It was just too many people.

    ReplyDelete