Monday, February 14, 2011

The day of love

Forgive the last entry.  I had meant to post it this weekend and ended up getting sidetracked and forgetting about it. 

Today is love day!  I know what people say about it only being a holiday made by greeting card companies.  My husband is among those less than thrilled about it.  However, I think I've brought him over to my side over the years.  After all, this is our 11th Valentine's Day together. 

We spent Friday night celebrating with B & D at Burger Up followed by Sweet CeCe's.  I mean, nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like burgers, fries, fried pickles and frozen yogurt.  It was actually my idea.  I love some cheeseburgers and mine was delicious.  We have eaten with B & D for Valentine's Day for at least 6 or 7 years out of the 11.  I always look forward to it.

This morning, I left out a small little token of my love for Aaron.  We agreed not to get each other gifts and to just go to dinner, but I can't give up the opportunity for some small little gift.  I bought Mr. O some apple fritters for his breakfast (he loves those), a pack of his favorite chewing gum, a red bull (yuck), a candy bar, and a gift card to Starbuck's.  I also left him a note telling him to rush home to me tonight. 

Tonight, I'm conquering a master chef's recipe, Miss Julia Child's Boeuf Bourginon.  Yeah, I'll be in the kitchen for much of the afternoon/early evening, but it will so be worth it.  I'm also making a salad, sauteing some peas, and making mixed berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream.  Happy Valentine's Day to us!

So, don't be a dick today.  Seriously.  Don't moan and groan over what you don't have or what you wished you had or the fact that you may be single.  There is love in your life.  What's wrong with one day to tell someone that you love them.  With as much as we have going on in our lives, we need a day set aside to just appreciate something as simple and as great as love.  Who cares if Hallmark is behind it?  For the most part, it seems like people are happier on Valentine's Day, so what is wrong with that.  I'll take any day where people are in better moods.

Call your mama, hug your spouse, child or dog or treat yourself to something fabulous.  For one day, just let there be love.  After all, it is all we need.  I had to throw something cheesy in. 

By the way, I love my husband 365 days a year, not just today.  I told him that when I talked to him this morning.  I am grateful and love my friends and family ALL 365 days. I am just reminded today how much love is in my life.  If you need a Valentine, I'm already yours.  Hope you all have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment