Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Picture it, Sicily 1945

Any avid Golden Girl fans pick up on that reference?  Ah, Golden Girls one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, along with other favorites: Wheat Chex cereal, (kid) coffee, antique shopping and reading in a flannel nightgown in bed at night before I fell asleep.  What can I say, I spent a lot of time with my grandmothers...and maybe I was a 50 year old trapped in a 8 year old body.

No, seriously, picture this nursery.  It is so beautiful (in my head).

I found the perfect ottoman.  I NEED it (said in a eight year old whining way with a stomp at the end).
Yes, that ottoman with this chair, which I don't have to dream about because it's mine.


With this pillow and one of these dolls seated comfortably on said chair.




This bedding, which I don't love, but I'm about to give up on finding what I want because it seems impossible.  It's too bad that I don't sew.  I may take a look at Etsy though.  I really just need a bumper and bed skirt.
This crib


an N like this above the crib



 Two of these pics framing the N


On the ceiling, instead of a mobile, something similar to this (the pom poms and paper lanterns) in matching colors of the room.

2009-07-ashleyc2.jpg

I really wanted yellow and white chevron curtains, but I'm not having any luck.  Those might be something that I get one of my sister-in-laws to make for me because they are awesome like that.  I may go with another color, since the crib will hopefully be yellow.  We shall see.

living rooms - Rubie GReen Bryn Fabric CB2 Peekaboo Clear Coffee Table white yellow chevron drapes mirror white slipcovered sofa yellow cashmere throw blanket striped gray pillow CB2 seagrass rug yellow gray living room

Oh yeah, the walls are the color behind the bookcase in this picture.



In about two weeks or so, my mom's boyfriend is coming over, so that he and Aaron can fix, clean up, and move into the house this dresser/changing station we purchased at the flea market last year.


I like a good plan and I think I have one.  I must get busy.  I only have 98 days left in this pregnancy.  It has been a blur.  




No comments:

Post a Comment