Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy heart, a monthly tale: January

Yet another month gone by. Time seemed so much slower when I was a kid. Maybe it's because we took the time to savor every second or was it that we were oblivious to the fact that time even existed. I may not have been able to savor every second this month, but some things, big and small, did bring a smile to my face.

.date nights with mr. O.

.60 degree weather in january.

.lunch and a 3.0 mile walk with my mom in said weather.

.finishing, not one, but two books, and working on a third.

.successful first night shift.

.having a certification class for work postponed (um, i may not have studied).

.organic food in my pantry.

.girl's night out.

.sunday lounge days.

.awesome craig's list finds.

.new recipe discoveries.

.amazing sales (yes, I'm talking to you, old navy).

.google reader.

.agave sweetner.

.discovery of forgotten items in my closet.

.Goodwill trips.

.banana and peanut butter shakes made with love by mr. O.

.catching up with friends over coffee.

.snuggling up next to a warm body on cold winter mornings.

.being able to laugh about the ticket that I got from our now camera-laden light into our neighborhood. beware.

.games on words with friends.

.making goals for a new year.

."blizzards" that are mere dustings of snow.

.discovery of the perfect diamond in the rough house.

.having a level-headed husband who pointed out we're not ready to move.

.spending half of my time with my head in the clouds and the other making lists and organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment