Monday, January 25, 2010

It's not easy being green

I'm taking steps to be a healthier me. It was a goal for the new year, after all. I'm happy to report that I'm making it happen. Yes, it's time for another list.
  • I just stocked my kitchen full of delicious goodness! See previous post. I'm stoked to cook. Who am I kidding, I'm always stoked to cook, but this is an added bonus!
  • See you later, high fructose corn syrup! I've given up soda again. This time I'm hoping to stick to it. With that being said, I'm not going to say I'm never going to have one again, but not for a good while. I believe it's been around a week. This week also including a trip to the movie theater and I managed to make it through without a cherry coke or mr. pibb in my hand.
  • I'm working on my fitness. Okay, so I worked out once. I'm planning on doing it again and more frequently. The Biggest Loser Boot Camp video is no joke. I thought Bob was the nice one. If I were on the show, I now know that I would be one of the contestants that begs to go home and probably pukes several times. I've never said that I loved working out, but I know I have to work it out, literally. Sigh. I can't deny that I feel better afterwards either.
  • I'm going to start reading In Defense of Food as soon as I finish a couple of books I borrowed. In the meantime, I plan on watching the author on Oprah on Wednesday. I'm really excited to see what he has to say.
  • I have a garden in the works. Well, I at least have Aaron on the same page with me. We will have our own garden. I'm planning on planting tomatoes, bell peppers, and other veggies that are hard to find in the organic section. Also, I have made an agreement with my mom, my help for access to anything in her garden. Her garden is huge, people! I'm talking the size of my back yard. I'll have to post pictures of it this summer when it is in all of it's bountiful glory. She has her own compost bin and everything. I even have her convinced to start buying organic food. I'm so proud of her!
  • I want to have a small farm. I know, who is this person? See previous post. I'm sure this phase will pass. Maybe I just want to own an all natural/organic cafe. That would make me happy too.

All baby steps, but I'm own my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment