Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The choice is yours...don't be late

Well, the days are just slipping away from me again.  I never made my big announcement, but most of you who read this already know what it was anyways.  I started a new job!  I'm now an RN at a much closer hospital and it's going fantastically. So fantastically, in fact, that my first shift on my own is next week.  Talk about nerve-wrecking...um, not really.  I'm actually pretty confident that I'll do fine.  You know, it's all about mind over matter.  That idea alone gets me through many things.  You'll be surprised at what you can do if you just tell yourself that you can do it.  I'll still be working the other job too, but it'll be overtime, so it'll be on a "do I want to do this" basis. 

I've been running.  I'm so proud of myself.  It's very satisfying for someone that says, "I'm not a runner," to actually be running, especially in my hill-filled neighborhood.  I went with Mr. O yesterday.  It was even better because he pushed me harder than I push myself.  I ran for longer periods of time.  Half-marathon here I come!

I went to the Public library, yesterday. I love the library!  I'm a dork at heart.  I've been using the Davidson county library for the 6 years that we have lived in Wilson county.  Well, yesterday, I got myself caught, due to the fact that I forgot my pin at the library.  Now, it looks like I have to pay $50 dollars to keep the Davidson county card.  That's a little steep even for such a great library.  I'm very sad.  The librarian did give me a courtesy checkout out of sheer pity.  I think he saw the sadness come over my face.  I checked out two of Michael J. Fox's books.  I find him inspiring and such an incredible example of how things, no matter how bad they seem, do not have to be the end of your whole world.  I also checked out "Alice In Wonderland."  I've been wanting to read it for years. 

Oh, and I also received such an amazing compliment from a patient the other day.  EMS brought in a nice lady and while we were all diligently working and she was being asked a million questions about past history and why she had came to the ER, I was getting her vitals (bp, pulse, etc) and she happened to look over at me and then did a double take and said,  "Aren't you just the prettiest little thing?" and I proceeded to say, "Thank you," and she said, "And you have the most beautiful eyes."  Now, that makes you feel pretty good.  I'm sure my face turned a million shades of red.  I'm not the best at taking a compliment.  

My front room is coming together nicely.  It is so great to be able to change all the hand-me-downs and gifts that weren't really our taste and to buy and put things in our home that are most certainly our taste and make us smile.  I'm starting slowly.  I think after 6 years in our home it is time to make it more of our own.  We go through stages where things are (financially speaking) more important, like hanging out with friends or taking trips or (cough) buying clothes.  I'm finally ready to focus more on the house.  I'm doing so one or two rooms at a time.  Right now, it's our bedroom and our front room.  Eventually, probably around the time we are ready to move, we'll be done, but I guess that's how it usually goes.  Our front room is below.  Doesn't it look fantastic?  Those anthro-inspired pillows are from Target.  I love, love, love them.  Thank you Target for making anthro-inspired things more affordable.  That letter O is finally coated in green and is drying in our garage as I type.  Slowly, but surely, it'll all come together, and I can't wait! 



One day I will write a post again that actually is about the same thing instead of a bunch of ramblings about the happenings in my life.  Hold on to your seats until then, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment