Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Why don't you put it on a blog

I've been meaning to write for days, but I just haven't gotten around to it.  First off, we survived the floods that happened in Nashville over the weekend.  The crazy thing is at least 30 people did not.  That is so sad and unbelievable.  It is truly mind-blowing that we can be 5 minutes down the road from people who's houses are half way under water.  I am so grateful.  Not making light of the situation, but I told Aaron that we should use our house on the hill as a marketing strategy, instead of hinderence, when we try to sell it.  I distinctly remember our realtor repeatedly asking if we were sure about the house, especially because of our steep driveway and the hill.  Oh, I was sure then, but I'm really sure now. 

You better believe when we buy a house the next time, I will remember this and take note of rivers, ponds, and any water way near by.  Speaking of ponds, our neighbors who live around the pond at the front of our neighborhood had water up to their houses and covering their air units.  I am so glad that we did not choose one of those houses too!

My friend, Angie, was supposed to move into her first house on Monday, but her house is the neighborhood that flooded in Old Hickory.  It is only accessible by boat.  I'm not sure what you do in a situation like that.  Obviously, they've already closed on the house.  It just seems incredibly unfair.  As soon as she is allowed or able to get back into the neighborhood, I'm planning on helping if she needs it.  I may recruit some of you to lend a helping hand too. 

Here's what we saw from our house on Sunday.  We had no idea of the devastation until we turned on the news.  We just knew that our neighborhood had never been like this before. 






Again, not to make light of the situation, but I am also saddened by the fact that my Target has flooded as well. I love that Target.  I hope that it reopens sooner rather than later, but I'm sure our bank account will be happy. 


There are devastating pictures out there.  They make my heart hurt.  I'm sending out some healing vibes to those affected.  I'm glad my family, most of friends, and Mr. O and myself were spared.  Lesson learned, don't mess with Mother Nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment