Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In other random news

I ran 1/4 of our 2+ mile loop in our neighborhood.  I did not get sick.  I made a conscious effort to maintain my breathing, due to the fact that I have a tendency to hold my breath when I work on my fitness.  I am still sore in spots and can tell that running works different muscles than walking.  The front of my thighs and my inner thighs are so sore.  I also worked yesterday, so I'm sure being on my feet at least 11 hours didn't help any.  I am one step closer to that 1/2 marathon in December!

I had my first DOA (dead on arrival) patient at work.  I handled it better than I thought.  It really didn't bother me at all.  It wasn't the most pleasant experience, due to some free-flowing stomach contents, but I'm glad that I can add that to my list of things that I have done.  Have I mentioned that I love my job?  I am so glad that I chose the ER.  It can be completely nerve wracking, yet exhilirating.  I have learned so much.  I learn something new every single day. 

I've been listening to some great music lately.  Check out, Alexi Murdoch, Kate Bush, Richard Ashcroft, Ray LaMontagne, and Phoenix, if you don't already listen to them.  Ah, Ray LaMontagne, that voice, those lyrics, I may just have another celebrity boyfriend.  Speaking of which, my celebrity boyfriend, Pete from Chevelle, was in town last night and I was unable to go because I had to work.  After 12 hours of work and an hour drive home, even seeing Pete's face wasn't enough motivation to get me to go.  Sorry, Pete, let's not break up over this.  It isn't you, it's me.

I am so excited to have Friday off.  It's the first Friday I've had off  in like five weeks.  If there are any yard sales, I'm going to go.  I'm on the hunt for a few things for myself, but with Mother's Day this weekend, I also need to find a gift for my mom.  She wants some antique things for her kitchen.  I'm going to hunt them down and if that fails, it's off to TJ Maxx/HomeGoods for her gift!

Speaking of yard sales, we're having one May 15th. It's our neighborhood yard sale.  We always are slammed and my mom, sister and I are using the proceeds to put toward our Florida trip.  I can not wait to go to beach!

I am not bragging here, but I've lost more weight.  I'm actually getting a little concerned.  I am eating way better and I've almost completely cut out high fructose corn syrup and other highly processed foods.  I've started working out more.  I am hoping that all of these things have factored in to make it happen.  In the back of mind, I'm thinking of all the things that unintentional weight loss can be and they are not good.  Thanks nursing degree for that!  I can't even enjoy being healthier.

I have still not planted a garden. Is it too late?  I'm glad I didn't though.  The flooding would have ruined it.  I think I do need a trip to the farmer's market to pick up some things.

I'm sure there are more things that I haven't written, but I'm off to watch Biggest Loser!  Little tv excites me anymore, but this show still does.

No comments:

Post a Comment