Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh, but I will

"For everyone who thought I couldn't do it.
For everyone who thought I shouldn't do it.
For everyone who said, "It's impossible."
See you at the finish line." 

-Christopher Reeve

Amen to that, my friend!  These are my sentiments exactly.  Go ahead and tell me that I can't do something and I will be bound and determined, depending on if I want to do it in the first place, to prove you wrong.  In particular, I remember a horrible Calculus teacher in high school, who made her students feel like idiots.  Now, granted, I did make my first D in there and no it's not because I didn't understand Honors Calculus. Math and I have a love-hate relationship.  It was instead because I didn't do my homework, which was randomly graded, nor did I really study it or put in any effort.  Well, I can't remember the exact circumstances, just that something she said to me put a fire under me.  My last six week's grade was an A and I made a 93 on my final exam.  In all honesty, I didn't have to put that much time into it.  Well, she took notice, and pulled me aside in class and asked, why my grades hadn't reflected this the whole year.  I looked at her and in my most your-an-idiot fashion explained to her that I could have made those grades the entire time and that I just didn't put any effort in it and then I told her that it didn't take much effort on my part to get those grades.  The fact that she talked to me as if I were stupid still makes my jaw clench. 

The word, can't, really isn't in vocabulary.  Oh there is no desire and don't care, but can't isn't there.  If you're looking for me, I'll be at the finish line, proving someone wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment