Friday, May 21, 2010

More body than legs

I want a jumper/romper so badly.  Unfortunately, I was made with a longer torso, so most of the ones I have tried on, well, let's just say, not the best statement or way to present myself.  Oh well.  One day, I'll get one.

I went to my first Estate sale today.  I felt really badly about walking through someone's house and picking through their things, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  I plan on going to more.  I got a vintage gold clasp belt and a little leather coin purse for $1.  There was a vintage bowl set that I liked, but I really don't have a place for anymore dishes.  I have serving pieces stashed everywhere.  I need to have a party of some sort to use some them.  Anyone want to come over for a cookout or dinner party?  There was also a dresser that I really liked for future baby O's room, but I didn't have a way to take it home with me.  Oh yeah, I really wanted a vintage alarm clock that was there, but, unfortunately, someone went to ask how much it was when I happened upon it.  Better luck next time.

I spent the entire day shopping, mainly for niece's and nephew's birthdays, but I came home with little, which is good.  I did score some $2.99 Diesel sneakers for my nephew at Goodwill, along with a gold/topaz crystal serving plate (cough *see above* I know, I know, I have a problem).  I picked up some Spyware night vision glasses for my nephew, who's party is Saturday.  They were $18 at Target, but I found them at Ross for $10.  Score!  Check out the outfit for my niece Maddie, who is a budding fashionista.  I swear, if they had it my size, I'd be wearing it too.  That child is going to be very expensive when she is a teenager. 


I'm heading back out to Dickson tomorrow.  Have I told you how much I love working on the weekends?  Sigh.  One day I won't have to, but until then I'll make the best of it.

1 comment:

  1. a.) I'm always open for hanging with the Os and eating your yummy food.

    b.) Did you ever try the rompers at New York & Co.?

    c.) Wanna have lunch on June 1st, 4th, or 5th? I think that's a Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Adam's on vacay so I could dine sans rugrats.

    Holla back, yo.

    ReplyDelete