Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Get in my belly

I made the most delicious sandwich for lunch.  I thought I would share, so you all could experience the scrumptiousness. 
A Delicious Sandwich
-bread of your choosing
 (I used sandwich thins..I think Arnold's, which ever ones don't have high fructose corn syrup in them)
-sharp cheddar
(I used block cheese and thinly sliced it)
-two slices of cooked turkey bacon
-avocado dip (recipe to follow)

I baked the bread, turkey bacon, and cheese in the oven at 350 until desired doneness.  I spread the avocado dip on one of the slices of bread.  Then I enjoyed it!

Now the avocado dip recipe is one I got from Ingrid Hoffman on the Food Network.  On a side note, I cannot stand her show.  She is so annoying, but she can cook.  I own one of her cookbooks.  Girl knows how to make some sweet potato fries!  The avocado dip is used as a side to her sweet potato fries, which I made two nights ago, which is why I have leftover dip.  We usually use it on sandwiches or as a dip for other things, because the dip outlasts the fries.  Here's a link to the recipe.

My one suggestion to make the sweet potato fries crispier is to soak them for an hour or two in water before you bake them or add the seasoning.  It really does work.  Just dry them off before you add the oil and seasoning.  I'm still working on perfecting them.  I find them still a bit limp for our liking.  I'm going to try them on my pizza pan or stone to see if that helps add crispiness. 

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! Sounds tasty!
    I've read that soaking them in ice water helps make them crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, next time I'll add ice to the water and see if that helps. I usually just use cold water. It was so good, especially with my fresh fruit salad from Publix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Misty. I hope you didn't spend too much time creeping around for it! :)

    ReplyDelete