Friday, October 15, 2010

I survived Migraine '10

So, thirty minutes before I left for work I started to get a headache.  "Weird," I thought, but I kept getting ready for work and popped a couple of headache relievers.  Well, flash forward to my car and driving to work and suddenly there is a streak mark in my right field of vision.  What ensued was a tearful call to work, mass panic, and having to turn the car around before I completely wouldn't be able to drive anymore.

I haven't had a migraine that bad since I was 22, possibly 23, years old.  Let me tell you, if you suffer from migraines, you remember the ones that are really bad, always.  The last one like the one yesterday was when Aaron and I were dating.  I was at his house.  I had no medicine to fight it, which is what happened yesterday.  If you don't catch them right at the beginning, you can forget it.  I remember laying in a fetal position on his bed and crying and crying.  He was so sweet.  He didn't know what to do, but he laid with me and rubbed my back and I finally fell asleep.

People who don't get them don't really understand and the people that call their headaches "migraines" would drop to their knees if they really had one.  It's without a doubt the most pain I've ever experienced at one time.  I cannot even describe how bad it really is or how it feels.  All I know is the hangover after the migraine is gone still feels like a pretty awful headache.  My head and eyes are still sore from yesterday.  I slept from around 1:30 until 7:39.  I did the only thing that I knew to do was to drug (Benadryl) myself so that I could sleep through it.  I still felt like crap all last night until I went to bed.

I'm feeling much better today, but I swear I deserve a t-shirt that states, "I survived Migraine '10."  It was that bad.  I will not forget it.  I'm praying I don't have another one for a really, really long time.  I swear, I almost called Aaron to come take me to the ER for drugs. Heck, they offered to come get me from work and bring me in so that I could get medicine.  Of course, they were hoping that I could come in, I'm sure, but that was still very nice.  Aaron and I decided that we could do without the ER copay of $50, plus whatever else they charge you. 

Headaches are no joke, but I survived, just barely.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh i'm so sorry! never have had a migraine or for that matter a bad headaches. Minor headaches compared to this! My sister gets them a lot! All lights have to be off and she too gets into a fetal position.

    ReplyDelete