Friday, October 1, 2010

Happiness in September

Here's a monthly round up of things that made my heart happy in September:

.  amazing flea market finds  .
.  steaming cups of (a variety of) teas  .
.  quality time with my mom  .
.  dinner with the Rices  .
.  hanging with the Eddys  .
.  5 day long stretches off work  .
.  being told I get to work one less Sunday a month  .
.  sunshiney fall days  .
.  opening our windows up for days  .
.  breaking out one of my hoodies  .
.  cozy days, curled up in owl pajamas  .
.  journaling (yes, every day for like 3 weeks)  .
.  James and the Giant Peach (I'm currently reading it again)  .
.  spicy oatmeal cookies  .
.  Supernatural marathons  .
.  being home to catch a leak, just in the nick of time  .
.  a freshly cleaned house  .
.  unfortunate date nights that are great just because of the company  .
.  homemade pot roast  .
.  Lucky magazine  .
.  celebrating 8 (craziness!) years of marriage  .
.  Mr. O starting school  .
.  breaking out the boots .
.  going through my closet..it was beginning to feel suffocating in there  .
.  plans for a yard sale next month .
.  going to lunch with my nephew  .
.  phone conversations with my sister and brother  .
.  promises of new things to come  .
.  strawberry dream cake at Nana Rosa's in Hendersonville  .
.  Mondo on Project Runway (I.love.him.) .
.  first day of fall  .
.  the return of Oprah, House, and all the good shows  .
.  plaid shirts  .
.  my hot husband  .
. surviving Labor Day weekend at work  .
.  lunches with friends  .
. listening to my celebrity boyfriend (Chevelle)  .
.  my sister having a seizure while she was NOT driving.  I'm so glad that they pulled her license, even though she is less than thrilled about it  .
.  late evening walks with Mr. O  .
.  having a little toddler boy on one of our walks say, "Hi, neighbor."  So cute.  .
.  adorable little patients  .
.  bowling and doing it well  .
.  an unexpected dinner with my most amazing (former roommate) sister-in-law  .
.  getting some long over due home projects started/completed  .
.  free days at the Science Museum, though I didn't get to go  .
.  Kat Von D eyeliner (I don't like her, but girl can make some makeup..and wear every one of her products at the same time)  .
.  a pregnancy for a girl on a blog I read (she has PCOS too, so it makes things very hopeful for me!)  .
.  Make that multiple pregnancies and births on the blogs I follow  .
.  the return of my winter/cooler weather scent, Euphoria by Calvin Klein  .
.  living, breathing, and smiling every single day  .

September did live up to August.  It even said, "Watch how I do this."  Have I mentioned I love fall!?!

5 comments:

  1. *Euphoria smells SO GOOD!

    *Girl, I'm SO coming to your yard sale! I know i say that all the time and don't ever make it, but this time I'm for reals!

    *We need to have lunch soon! I have about a million (mostly school) stories to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Euphoria! It's one of the only scents that I have used for years. I don't usually wear it in the summer though, just Fall, winter and early spring.

    It should have read a yardsale this month. It's this Saturday, Oct. 8. Come on by! We'll be open for business at 7:00. Although, some fools will show up at 6:30 or earlier.

    Yes to lunch! I've been thinking about you and thinking we need to have lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Renee! Just stopped by to check in! What kind of goodies r u gonna have in your yard sale? Hope all is well with you and Mr. O.

    I took my first test in Peds...think I made a B on it...it is funny how that works...before and at the beginning of the test you are so nervous about just passing it and then when you do you are aggravated you didnt do better! I guess that is what keeps us going though isnt it! Start OB next...looking forward to it..hope I am not disappointed!

    Miss ya...hope we can get together soon sometime! Drop me an email and let me know what all is going on! I dont have my AT&T phone right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lot's of our junk that other people will treasure. :) We have the typical things clothes, shoes, home things (decorations that I'm moving on from), a desk, etc, etc. There will be things from my family too. I know some baby things and other things. We usually have a lot because it's four families going into together. I'll email you!

    ReplyDelete