Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tired eyes and news reports

Seems like someone is slipping in the blog department lately.  I can blame on it a lot of things, but I'll spare you.  I guess I should do a little catching up.

Our yard sale this past weekend went okay.  I mean, we did make enough money to cover our cabin in Gatlinburg (more on this later!).  We ended up making just shy of $200.  Most people would think that is great for a yard sale, but we've had times where the grand total of the yard sale (with four different people providing things) was $1200.  My sister-in-law and my mom had things in it too.  The grand total for the whole thing was like $460.  This actually was our (mine and Aaron's total) second lowest profit.  This past Spring we had a yard sale and we hardly had anything in it and still made $170.  I'm still really happy with having enough to cover our room.  I don't want to have another yard sale for a while though.  They are so much work!  I think I'm still tired from only sleeping 4 hours the night before the sale.

We're going to Gatlinburg with B & D and another couple over Halloween weekend.  I'm supposed to work on Halloween, but I'm working on getting out of that.  I'm hoping I can sweet talk one of the guys at work to switch with me.  I have a good feeling that he will. 

I wanted to post pictures of where we are staying (the view is amazing), but I can't find the email that B sent me.  We're planning on doing the zip line through the trees and lots of other fun things.  It should be really fun.  It's the second trip of the year.  I like it!

The next few weeks are full of friends and lunches.  Yes, Beaz, I know we need to have lunch.  I have to leave at least one day off to clean my house or it'll get worse than it already is right now.  Tomorrow, I'm cleaning the mess that is my house.  That is, if I can muster enough energy.  Someone needs their Ovaltine!

Other than these things, I've been making a lot of soup, taking naps, enjoying the cooler weather, and spending many a night with Mr. O.  October has been splendid, so far. 

We're closing the week with a weenie roast at B and D's house.  I think that's the perfect thing to do on an October night.  Like always, October is proving to be the busiest month of the year.  Of course, the next two months will probably be just as busy.  We're quickly approaching my favorite holidays!

One more hour and can rest my weary head.  I'm glad I have tomorrow off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment