Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Party

Oh yeah, we're having a Pumpkin Carving Party this month.  I've been planning out a menu.  I've had a lot of people say they were coming, but who haven't RSVP'd yet, so I may scale the menu back some, if less people are coming. 

Here's what I've come up with so far.  What do you think?

Main Course
Chili
Sweet Potato and Hominy Soup

Breads
Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
Jalapeno Cornbread

Drinks
Spiced Apple Cider
Sodas
Water
Possibly an alcoholic drink (I told everyone to bring their own, but I may buy pumpkin ale or something along those lines)

Sweet Treats
This is where I haven't completely made up my mind yet

Spicy Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin Whoopies
Caramels & assorted Halloween candy
Pumpkin cupcakes with maple frosting
Mini apple pies

I bought black little gift bags for the guests to take some of the desserts home with them.  I know I don't need to eat all of them myself!  I need input.  Sound good?

I plan on cooking every bit of it (well, maybe not the apple pies) the day/night before, so that the chili and soup will taste even better and I can just focus on cleaning the day of the party.  I hope that it works out.  I have a doctor's appointment that day, so that may take several hours out of the day.  Plus, I'm actually eating lunch with my husband that day.  I know, crazy! 

I haven't really focused on decorations right now, but I have an idea of what I'm going to do.  So far, I've bought a small, glittery black skeleton.  I do like him.  I'm sure it'll all come together.  I've been thinking about making a Halloween wreath too.  I know, who is this person?  I was thinking the other day that I need a hot glue gun.  Pretty soon, you'll see my in very own handmade bedazzled kitten sweatshirts.  Don't be jealous.

4 comments:

  1. I have a hot glue gun, and I ain't afraid to admit it! Shit comes in handy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need one. I saw Martha Stewart on Oprah last week and it just made me want one more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything sounds delicious when it entails pumpkin! and yes, we haven't rsvp'd. i need to make sure we for sure have a babysitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better find that sitter! :)

    ReplyDelete