Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mystic Pizza

I made the most delicious pizza last night. I thought I would share the recipe, partly to let you all experience the wonderfulness and partly so that I remember what I did to accomplish its deliciousness. In hindsight, I would have probably added fresh garlic and basil. I think they both would be good additions to the recipe.

Before I share the recipe and because we are on the subject of food, I’m sure most of you have heard that Gourmet magazine has folded. I found out today that the recipes that are on website are going to be up for a limited time, but once the Gourmet website shuts down, then the recipes will no longer be available. You better believe that I have been copying recipes today. Good recipes should not be wasted. Now for pizza!


Veggie-full pizza

1 store bought refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
Store bought pizza sauce (I would have gone with making my own, if I had the time)
5 or 6 stalks of (thin) asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
A handful of baby portabella mushrooms (a ¼ of a container, maybe), cut in thin slices
½ a small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
1 cup of fresh spinach (though I would probably use more next time)
½ to 1 cup of canned quartered artichokes
½ cup roasted red peppers
Rotisserie chicken, as much or little as you want (I had leftover chicken)
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
Shredded mozzarella

Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray pizza pan with nonstick spray. Roll out the dough into about 13-14 inches, a little less than the size of a pizza pan. Add as much sauce as desired. Layer some of the vegetables and chicken. Add ½ cup of mozzarella. Add the remaining vegetables (asparagus-roasted red peppers) and chicken. Top with tomatoes. End with the desired amount of cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment