Monday, October 5, 2009

Ode to Mr. O

Aaron and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary on September 28. It blows my mind that we’ve been married that long. It’s even more mind-blowing that I love him so much still, not that you don’t expect, years down the road, to love someone after you marry them, but I see enough bad relationships around me that I very much appreciate what I have and am grateful for it. We’ve been together almost nine years. That’s almost a decade, people! Reasons that he sends my heart a flutter:
  1. We make up songs and sing everything. Don’t ask me how it started, but we do it without thinking about it. Hayden picked it up from us and started doing it when he lived with us. Everything can be turned into a song!
  2. We are dorks at heart. It’s the truth. We cover up our dorkiness around others, but at home, it all hangs out. The crazy thing is we say the same things. It will be dorky and random, yet we’re saying the same thing. That, in its self, is awe inspiring to us sometimes. We just stop and look at each other like, “Wow. Really?”
  3. I’ll catch him staring at me across the room sometimes and when I look at him, he’ll smile and say, “I love you.” That makes a girl feel pretty special.
  4. He tolerates the following things because he loves me: horror films, my full on ADD energy that will come out at any moment, soup in hot weather, two blankets on the bed during winter, extremely hot showers, indie films, my clothes and shoe obsessions, my love of cooking and attempts at all new recipes, pumpkin spice coffee, my cold feet on his legs at night, my obsession with Christmas and all holidays and birthdays, my never-ending questions about everything at inopportune times, like when he’s in the bathroom, walking the dogs late at night, and my multi-tasking during tv and movie watching. I’m sure there are a ton more, but he loves me for me and that means all my little quirks.
  5. The fact that he’s going to be a great dad. Our nephews, nieces, and friend’s kids all love him. He’ll be right on the ground playing with them. That’s how a good dad should be. He really loves kids and everyone can tell.

No one should settle for someone that doesn't make them utterly happy. I know I'm looking forward to the next seven years and hopefully many more after that.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love Aaron too! But you just a tad more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about that. Maybe I love him slightly less than you. :)

    ReplyDelete