Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In other news

Well, I'm officially back on my night shift (1p-1a) work schedule starting tomorrow.  I forced myself to stay up last night to try to get back into my routine.  You may have noticed all the blog entries, which were an attempt to keep my eyes open.  I made it to 1:00 a.m., which was out of sheer determination. 

Our weekend was family filled and fun.  I love a good, long weekend.  We played corn hole, watched our men act like boys with large remote control cars and an obstacle course, acted like it was not raining and stood our ground outside, played Scrabble, watched movies, worked outside in our yard and finished up the weekend at P.F. Chang's and Starbucks. 

This weekend, I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so I won't really see my husband at all until Monday evening when he gets home from work, due to the fact that he is working Saturday and Sunday and will be leaving early in the morning, which I will be happily sleeping through.  I guess I should look at it from positive light.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?  Yeah, that person probably didn't have a good relationship.

Well, I'm off to clean the house, get a little exercise in, and do some grocery shopping.  Such a fun day off! Yes, that was sarcasm.  I'll leave you with a look at our menu the next week and a half.  It has been a while, since I gave you all a peek.

Tuesday:  Sweet Potato and Hominy Soup
Wednesday:  I'm working, so I'm suggesting veggie burgers, but my menu says, "Fend for yo' self!"
Thursday:  Roasted tomato spaghetti, salad and bread
Friday:  Leftovers
Saturday:  Salmon with orange mustard sauce, skillet green beans, and rice for lunch, they are on their own for dinner
Sunday:  Veggie pizza for lunch, Audra is cooking dinner, since I'll be at work
Monday:  Roast chicken, carrot souffle, mashed potatoes & blueberry cake (chicken salad with the leftovers for lunch on Tuesday)
Tuesday:  Buchons Au Thon, toasted orzo with peas and parmesan, and salad
Wednesday:  Black bean burgers with mango salsa, broccoli slaw with cranberries, and chips

No comments:

Post a Comment