Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The windows are open

and a cool breeze is blowing in.  Have I mentioned how much I love fall?  Oh, I have.  Funny.   I had my first hot chocolate last night at the Predators game with the Eddys.  It was delicious.  I've also been enjoying caramel apple ciders from Starbucks, but don't let them fool you, it's just steamed apple juice.  It's still very tasty, minus the whip cream, which makes it terribly sweet. 

Speaking of tasty hot drinks, I no longer drink coffee!  It was hard, but I weaned myself off of it.  Now, I've been drinking hot tea instead, which has way less caffeine than coffee.  I even went one day without anything and I had no headache at all. I love coffee, but we'll see if I go back to it after this.  It was so hard to wean myself off of it.  I don't know that I could just drink it occasionally either.  It would be like an alcoholic taking just one drink.  I'd be a full fledged coffee-aholic in no time again.

I went to the Flea Market this weekend.  It was fantastic!  I got so lucky.  I'll have to do a post of all things I got.  Of course, that requires me to actually take pictures of them. First off, I got a vintage apron for $2.  I know, like I need another apron, but it spoke to me and it was only $2.  Next up, the best find of the day, a beautiful dresser from the 1950's (though it could be from earlier).  It's black with a gold/silverish detail on it.  It has a swing mirror.  One of the small drawers opens with a skeleton key, which we don't have, but I can't help, but think maybe there is something inside the drawer, a hidden treasure.   It will be Baby O's changing table/dresser.  Want to know the price?  Only $125.  I couldn't believe he went that low on it, but I would have taken it for $150, though I didn't want to.  It's solid wood, has numbered drawers, and is in pretty good shape, minus a tongue-and-groove in the back coming loose, a nick on the side of the dresser, which needs to be filled with wood filler, and missing one of the details of the dresser pull.  I found a Christmas gift for B.  It's awesome.  I also found myself a gold turtle necklace.  It is huge and I love it!  I also got two little owl trivets.  I think I'll use one in the kitchen and hang the other one somewhere on a wall.  Oh, and I got a gold deer/reindeer/some other curved horned animal head bookend.  It is pretty fantastic too!  I spent $38 on the other things and that includes the $4 for parking!  I got some great deals.  I'm still kicking myself because I didn't buy this old utensil holder or that I didn't buy this pair of horseshoes.  Oh and I also found a cabinet that I loved that I wanted to put in our kitchen, but it was $275.  Maybe next time.  I'm definitely going in October.  Anyone want to go with me?

Here's a picture of a dresser that is kind of similar, but mine is so much better!  Perfect for a changing table, right?



Oh, my anniversary is today.  Eight years.  It's absolutely mind blowing.  More on that later.  Right now, I've got to hit the shower and go to the store to pick up some things for dinner.  How about roast, macaroni and cheese, and cabbage?  It sounds like the perfect dinner to me.  I've almost perfected the mac and cheese thanks to watching Barefoot Contessa make about five different versions of it and tweaking it to make it mine.  Aaron has to go to school tonight, so it has to be ready by the time he gets home.  

1 comment: