Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another day, another dollar

While sitting in the break room on Monday, I made the comment that I never knew how many people lacked personal hygiene until I started working as a nurse. Flash forward to Tuesday, the universe laughed in my face as I dealt with the lack of bathing ALL day. I'll give you the highlights, foot odor, holding my breath during a catheter insertion, and unbathed for at least week. Lesson learned, I'll keep my mouth shut. Thank you.

I've worked a crazy schedule this week, so I'm sorry for the lack of communication. I've been either sleeping, driving or working. Lets see, I worked Saturday night shift, Monday day shift, and then 3pm-3am last night. Needless to say, I'm glad that I have the day off.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, which includes girl's night, the flea market, and Sunday with no plans. Woot! Ah, sunshine and warmth, how I've missed you so. It's time to let my arms see the sunlight.

Next month's schedule is more consistent. After next week, I'll be on day shift. Yes! I even have a couple of Saturdays off. My schedule should probably stay like this for a while. One of the girls at work just went on maternity leave and the other one should go at the end of the next month. That is great for me, since they are both on day shifts.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you've been waiting with bated breath about my job interview. It went really, really well. The job is actually on hold (story of my (nursing) life) right now, but that actually works out because I'm hoping that they will call me after April and before my boss puts together the May schedule. If that happens, it was really meant to be. I didn't want to leave my coworkers hanging and I won't, if it goes this way. If you don't believe in "putting something out into the universe," so to speak, then you are missing out. Whether you call it fate, God, a divine power, or coincidence, it is true that if you put it out or put mind to it, you will be rewarded. I'm dumbfounded at half the things that I wish or think that immediately happen. I am blown away on a daily basis. I know, you feel me, Beaz. Mr. O tells me not to read into things too much, but I'm not reading, I'm just believing.

I don't feel like I should try to convince you. It doesn't work, if you try to believe for someone else. They must believe in it and themselves. If I could give you all what you wanted, I would. You know, I'm a sucker for the well being of others. Case in point, I'm watching Biggest Loser right now and I cried within the first five minutes. I love when people are happy and do great things. Now, if they could just bathe along the way, then I would be really happy. I'll make another entry about the so-called coincidences that have occurred recently. It will be a nice way to remind myself that I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment