Monday, March 29, 2010

Call it what you will

Okay, after the day I've had, I thought, "What better time to share all the so-called "coincidences" than now." So, I'll start with what happened to me today. I am beyond excited about it. You'll see why in just a few moments. Think what you will, but I know what I believe. Mr. O keeps telling me to knock on wood, but by putting this list I am in no way bragging and, if for some reason, things start not going my way, I'm okay with that because I have gotten quite a bit lately and I'm grateful for that. Maybe it's someone else's turn to reap the benefits, but I also know that I won't stop believing if things stop magically appearing in front of me. Without further adieu, here are examples of how the universe has smiled on me lately.


1. I went for a job interview today in Hendersonville. First off, let me say before all the interviews came coming my way, I had said aloud in my head as I lay down to sleep things like, "I need to find something closer, or I will find something closer or the job for me will come my way, I know it." When I read about the Hendersonville job, I thought it's almost perfect, but it was a night shift position. Blah. As I thought about it, I thought, "Maybe I'll walk in there and she'll offer me a better a shift." Yes, she did. She offered me a mid-shift position. I almost fell out of my chair. I told her that that position was exactly what I wanted. She told me that she got goosebumps when I said that. Unfortunately, this position is on hold too, or so I was told. Well, later that afternoon when I had gotten home from grocery shopping, I noticed that I had missed a call. It was from the ER director who told me she had great news for me and to check my email when I got the message. They are unfreezing the position for ME. Can you believe this? Now, it'll only be 32 hours for now, instead of 36, but I'll get benefits, a closer location to drive too, and a better shift. She said that she couldn't believe that they had unfroze it because they had told her absolutely not. She actually said that with me it was Divine intervention. I am seriously in some kind of euphoric haze. Now, it's not completely official until Wednesday and, unlike I had originally thought, I'll have to take a pay cut, but I figured that it was too good to be true to keep my current salary. I'm okay with this.


2. In the midst of all the interview news, I checked my mail and found that the two prints I had ordered had arrived. When I opened the package, it was not just my two prints, but they had sent me another too. What you need to know is that I had been debating between three prints, but I had ordered only the two. Well, the third mystery print, was the OTHER print that I didn't get. The one that I said, "I must have this one," when I saw it. I am still blown away that this happened. Although, I do feel guilty, so maybe I'll email the artist and tell her that I mistakenly got an extra print and that I think my heart willed it so. You also need to know that there are like 50 prints on that site.


3. You know about the interviews and how I wished for a mid-shift position and that my perfect position was 9a-9p and that's what shift the Summit position is that I interviewed for last week, even though I didn't know that. I actually thought it was a 7a-7p position based on the ad for it.


4. While I was driving to my old job when I had been offered the Horizon position, I begged for a sign on what to do, if I should accept the position or hold out for something else. I looked to my left and there was a truck beside me. A truck with the Horizon written on the side of it. I said, "Thank you very much."


5. My goals for the year have fallen into place. I have had to make very little effort. I'm very thankful for this. I guess I need to make some new goals. It only seems fair to do that. It's as if I made that blog entry and within a few weeks everything fell into place.


6. Pretty much every time I've gone thrifting for something, it has been there. I mean, I have said, "I need a vintage red belt," walked in and low and behold the exact vintage red belt that I had pictured. Odd.


7. Last Friday, as I was getting ready to go to work, I repeatedly stated that I wanted to work in Fast Track, which is less serious cases. I hadn't been there in awhile. The assignments are based on what the charge nurse wants to do. There are set people that always seem to work Fast Track also. Well, when I got to work, they told me I'd be the nurse in Fast Track. Sweet.

There are so, so many more, but I'm really tired. I'm not even in a writing mood, so I'm sure there are typos and tons of grammar errors, but you get the gist of this. I mean, it's mind blowing to me. Again, I'm grateful, so very grateful. I'm excited to see what's up next. I have a few plans that I hope come to fruition. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment