Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring has sprung..

Ah, that title is part of a haiku that I wrote in the fourth or fifth grade. It cracks me up every time I think about it. Spring is officially almost here. There were ducks in the pool of water that collects beside out house. Thank you builders for taking away the creek and leaving an eye sore by our house when it rains! I thought I would miss the winter, or at least my winter wardrobe, but after spending my day looking at some new fashion magazines that were delivered this week, I say bring on the ducks and warm weather!

I'm going to start spring cleaning this week. I love that when I decide to spring clean the temperature outside suddenly plummets. Oh well, it needs to be done. I'm excited about a lot of things that the spring will bring, cupcakes and fried okra for my birthday, vacation, my garden, my mom's garden, flea market trips, and bare legs to name a few.

I'm glad I have most of the week off. I just got off a three in a row work week and let me tell you, though my mind didn't feel overly tired, my feet told me that I had been on them far too much in the past 72 hours. So, last night, when I got home, I popped some Tylenol pm and drifted soundly to sleep, which didn't end until 11:15 this morning.

I'm excited about the week to come. Here's past news from last week that I didn't share with you guys.
  • I met another Nola. I have never (besides my great-grandmother) met someone with my name. This definitely made me happy.
  • I have a couple of things that are weighing heavy on my mind. I'll post more about it when I'm not so tired. They are actually positive things that are hard choices. I need to have lunch with my friend, Lori. If you are reading this, email or call me! She's a slightly older and wiser version of me. It's like going to my future self and asking what I think.
  • One of my patients thought she had miscarried. I told her to stay positive and then said silent prayers and kept checking for her blood work until it showed, she was, in fact, still pregnant. I then let out my held breath. It was a good day to be a nurse. It made my biological clock start ticking. I actually talked to her about it. She kind of felt like a friend when she left.
  • I watch American Idol. There, I said it. America, what is wrong with you? I guess I shouldn't complain, since I didn't vote.
  • I heard "Imma Be" about a zillion times this week. I'm not going to lie. I love it! It makes me want to dance. It's a definite add to my cleaning or exercise play list, which I plan on making this week. Ah, another little known fact about me, I love to clean to heavy music. My love of Sevendust, Pantera, and Killswitch Engage really comes out. I really scrub during angry music!

I have another way of unveiling the week besides these little bullet points. I'm going to unveil it next week. I'm super excited about it. Now, I must focus my attention on my unread Google account, which has 300 entries. So, happy reading to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment