Monday, March 8, 2010

Yes, I am accountable

I thought it was time for a recap of my goals for the year. I think an update here and there is the only way to keep myself accountable for them. I'm actually impressed with my progress. Most of it has seemed to come without much effort. As I tried to tell Mr. O, I truly believe in positive thinking and "putting things out" in the universe. There are too many coincidences, if you will, for me not to believe it. It's really an amazing place to live and breathe. Okay, stop rolling your eyes and take another look at the goals.

Goal #1: Run at least one 5k with my husband. Okay, no we haven't ran a 5k yet, but we have started walking our neighborhood again. We have a 2+ mile loop that we used to walk and jog multiple times a week. It feels good to get back to this. We were going to run a 5k this month, but, unfortunately, I now have to work. There will be one soon. Hopefully, before summer takes hold of Tennessee.

Goal #2: Read at least 25 books this year. Well, this is one goal that has kind of stalled. I've still only read the two books from January. I've been trying to read a book that someone lent me for over a month. I'm just not that into it. I hate starting a book and then stopping it. I have stopped mid book or even 100 pages from the end (Shout out to Twilight). I think I may just pick another book. I'm in a reading mood today, actually. I may catch some rays on the deck this afternoon and read. I need some vitamin D too. Have you been outside? It's amazing!

Goal #3: Be a more healthy me. If any of my goals are going to be completely accomplished, it will definitely be this one. I've switched over to mostly organic food. Aaron and I have started walking again. I've been avoiding fast food like the plague. I've lost 5 pounds. Unfortunately, it's in my boobs. Sorry, Mr. O. I've been making healthier choices, like organic yogurt with granola, fresh veggies, tons of fruit, hummus and veggie wraps, and salad after salad. It has been delicious. I feel awesome. This one is easy to keep up.

Goal #4: Expand our recycling. Check. I'm actually going to go buy some bins today. I have some rinsed cans sitting on my counter awaiting a new home. I've decided to do cans and plastic. So, I'm officially recycling plastic, paper, cardboard and cans. The funny thing is our trash collection company is now offering a recycling bin. I was so excited when I saw this, but after a discussion with Mr. O, I think I'll save the $8 a month and drive 5 miles down the road to the recycling drop off and get a little extra exercise in at the same time.

Goal #5: Keep up with blogging. Today is post number 25, which is the total number of posts of last year. Woot! I'm definitely keeping up.

Goal #6: Take a vacation more than once. One vacation planned! We are going on a trip with my family to Grayton Beach, Florida at the end of the summer! I am so stoked about it. Aaron and I are going to go to Atlanta one weekend too. Right now, I've been working almost every weekend. I hate it, but for now it's what I have to do. One day I won't be the nurse at the bottom of the totem pole. That's two trips, my friends. I hope there are more too.

Goal #7: See my family more. I'm making time for this. I went to see my sister's new house on a Thursday night. I figure now that I'm working a lot of weekends, then I have to make more of effort during the week. It's not always feasible for them, but when it is, I plan on going to see them. I saw my mom this weekend and Aaron's sister came over and hung out most of the day with us on Saturday. I love my family.

Goal #8: To not be so hard on myself. Okay, this one is a work in progress. I did tell myself to get over myself not to long ago. Now that might sound harsh, but I actually was being hard on myself, so it was kind of like telling myself to knock it off. I am trying to stay aware of this one, so that I can stop before I make myself feel completely bad about something. This one is by far the hardest goal for me.

Goal #9: To give more to others. I'm working on this one too. I think I am already a giving person, so this one might be the easiest goal, but I'm going to figure out a way to make it more of a goal. I already do some things, so to count them toward the goal really isn't right. I'll figure out how this one will pan out. I still have 10 months to find the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment