Thursday, March 4, 2010

The truth hurts

I felt really badly about what I typed in my last post. As soon as I posted it, I came up with points that would make someone coming into the ER with a stomach bug okay. As for instance, they don't have insurance, are a scared mother over a child, or blacked out (um, syncope for the experts out there) at some point. So, I got it off my chest, but now I take some of it back.

I really need to work on my guilt trips on myself. Geez, give it a rest already. I'm pretty sure I was probably a 1 year old thinking in my head, "You peed in your diaper again. Way to go, genius!" It's seriously that bad.

Today was a good day. I had lunch with some lovely lady friends. I went to a couple of Goodwills in search of some plates and a piece of artwork or frame to add to my collage. Score on the artwork! I found a perfect round wooden frame with a bird painting/drawing in it. I'm going to post the collage soon. All it lacks is the art project that I still need to finish and figure out. Wow, look who's crafty!

Several odd things happened, in particular order:
  • A creepy guy at the Farmer's Market was staring at me the entire time he sat beside our table. I mean, blatantly staring me up and down. It was creepy. I was glad when he finished his food and left.
  • A teen-aged boy driving through our neighborhood was blasting a rap song that said bitch at least three times as he drove by me. I see why no girlfriend was present in his passenger seat. His parents must be so proud!
  • I saw a microwave cookbook today. I mean, seriously. A cookbook on how to microwave. What is the world coming to? I could feel the embarrassment oozing from the book as it was surrounded by books where actual cooking was involved.

Ani Difranco is tomorrow! I'm so freaking excited. That might be my next post! Until tomorrow, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment