Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm not an addict (maybe that's a lie)

Yes, I'm fond (*cough* addicted) to many things, kitchen items, cooking, recipes, learning new things, horror films and playing scrabble to name a few. You've all seen my many posts on thrifting. If you saw my google reader account, you would see my numerous subscriptions to fashion blogs. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm addicted to everything about fashion. I love purses, shoes, belts, jewelry, and, my most favorite, clothes. I seriously have a problem. The good thing is that I'm thrifty, so they do not always cost an arm and a leg, but if you had a combined total...I don't even want to know. Suddenly, I feel sick.

I don't think you can get the real magnitude of the situation until you have seen my closet. One day I'm afraid I will walk into my bedroom to see all my clothes spewed out of the closet. It's borderline at capacity. It's getting ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking of kicking Aaron out, even though, I take up most of it anyway.

Next week, I'm planning on tackling my closet. It's spring cleaning week in the O house! I'm trying to do it objectively and to really thin it out; however, I'm not going to get rid of pieces that I know I'm going to wear or that I will regret. I just have to keep in mind that the money at a garage sale that I can make off my clothing will equal more fun in Florida for us.

So, to really get the point across, I'm posting pictures of my closet, which is one of my most intimate spaces. Before you judge the shear magnitude of my problem, notice that the right side is color-coded and in order of longest sleeve length to shortest and longest skirt/shorts to shortest skirt/shorts. The left-side is done from longest-sleeve length dresses to no sleeve dresses, middle is scrubs, and my pants are color-coded too. If it doesn't look that bad to you, keep in mind that those shoes on the right go three rows deep and I have some stacked two or three high. I have small feet, so I can get away with it! Plus, you can't see my belts or the stack lying outside of the closet door. Nor are you aware that I have clothing in the dryer while I type. I don't think the pictures make it seem that bad at all. You should step inside. It's like being the shruken version of Alice. My closet is my wonderland.





2 comments:

  1. Those pictures give me anxiety. *shudders*

    How in the world do you decide what to wear?!?! I have like twenty shirts, ten pair of pants, and like twelve pair of shoes. Go ahead, pity me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to pick out what I'm wearing the night before or I have serious trouble. For the concert last Friday I had like 7 outfits laid out that were all equally cute. It was very hard to decide. That's the draw back. There isn't enough time to wear all my winter stuff during the winter, especially now when I wear scrubs two or three days a week and the other days I'm usually just hanging out at home.

    ReplyDelete