Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You oughta know

Since I divulged my wonderland in the last post, I figure, I might as well give it all up to you. Don't you feel special? Actually, I saw another post and thought that it seemed kind of fun. There should be no secrets among friends, right?

25 Things You May or May Not Know About Me
  1. My favorite color as a child was yellow, not because I loved it, though I did like it, but because I felt sorry for yellow because most of my friends did not like it. Everyone deserves to be a favorite. Yellow and I now have an open relationship, so I'm quit smitten with green too.
  2. I used to write a mean poem. I mean, most of it was angry, but I'm very proud of it. I think it's quite good for a teenager. Maybe I'll post one some day. You'll probably stare at the screen, blinking, while thinking, "How messed up was she?" That road brought me to here.
  3. Speaking of poetry, I do not like rhyming poetry type cards. Trying too hard, much? It actually does the opposite for me and seems heartless. I wish there were more cards out there that just stated things like "You are a Rockstar", "You Got This Man", "I'm happy you were born", etc, etc. Straight to the point, yet totally shows how much you mean to a person. I wish Hallmark would take some notes.
  4. I cry at everything. I mean, I can barely watch anything with a personal or tragic story without bawling. You should see me watch Biggest Loser. It is not pretty. I'm an ugly crier too. When I watched "Monster's Ball" I was almost hyperventilating. Aaron was trying to calm me down. Halle Berry SO deserved that Oscar.
  5. In the 7th grade, I had signs posted on my bedroom door that stated things like, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle", "Conserve water", and "Only you can prevent forest fires". I would argue with my dad about how we were going to run out of water. He told me that I was a dumb ass (Nice, huh?). We just watched the documentary Water Wars. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. I was a smart twelve year old. I don't know why I forgot about this passion, but it's coming back, thus the expansion of recycling and concern about food. I need some poster board and markers to hang some signs on my door.
  6. I've lost many loves in my life. Shannon Hoon, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain to name a few. Of course, it was one-sided love. I was going to marry Shannon Hoon. Mr. O is lucky that tragedy struck.
  7. For my third birthday party, I couldn't decide between Spiderman and Strawberry Shortcake, so my birthday party was done in both. I think that birthday shows my balance between between male and female, though I tend to teeter toward girly things now. I will never play sports either. That's for you, Mr. O.
  8. I sit and read through cookbooks like they are actual story books. I also have like 60 and this is after getting rid of some at our last garage sale.
  9. I really want to play the guitar. I've taken lessons from my cousin before and it really didn't work out. This is a goal that I will one day accomplish. My brother can play the guitar and drums by ear and it kills me. I must have a musical bone somewhere in my body, if he is that talented. We have DNA in common!
  10. For the first time in years, I appreciate my body. It has something to do with my 30s. I'm telling you, something happens when you cross that threshold. I will own my bathing suit this year.
  11. I buy a lot of books, but never getting around to reading them. One day I will though. I already have books for my child that isn't even born yet.
  12. In the fourth or fifth grade there was a writing contest at my school and you had to write and make a book, including illustrations. I wrote about a serial killer who used nursery rhymes as the set up for his crime scenes. Yes, my book had dead bodies. I was obsessed with Nancy Drew, the television show Hunter, and Stephen King books. Needless to say, I did not win. I'm surprised that I didn't have to go to counseling.
  13. When I played with my Barbies, Ken and Barbie were always boyfriend and girlfriend. They were never married. Ken got kicked out of Barbie's house (yes, she owned the house) all the time.
  14. One of my fondest memories of my entire life is staying up until 3:00 A.M. one night with my grandmother playing Super Mario Brothers. It makes my heart swell.
  15. I am named after my great-grandmother, Eva Nola. If Aaron and I have a daughter, she will be named and called Nola. It really is a beautiful and unique name. I already have nicknames that I can call her too. My mom still calls me Nolie. My grandmother called me Nola Rissa Ray and Nola Nay.
  16. My shoe infatuation started because my mother bought me jellies in every single color. I probably had 20 pairs of shoes at 8 years old. See, it's not my fault! Every girl needs options.
  17. On my first date with Aaron, I fell asleep with my head on his shoulder on the way home. Now, it may of had something to do with alcohol, but I felt like I had known him for years after one night. He is also the only guy I kissed on the first date.
  18. I am obsessed with binders. I have a decorating binder, a fashion binder, a binder with sections for household tips, party decorating, and takeout menus, and multiple recipe binders.
  19. I had an imaginary friend named Mrs. Nobody when I was around three years old. I vividly remember opening the door at my bio dad's house and telling her goodbye and then telling everyone that her kids needed her, so she had to go. I could not make this stuff up. Children's minds are fascinating.
  20. When Aaron and I met, I had changed my major from pre-med and was studying biology with the plans to go on and do forensics. I told you I loved a good mystery and detective story!
  21. I really wish I could hip-hop dance. All that popping and locking is amazing! Instead, I watch So You Think You Can Dance and dream.
  22. I love foreign films. If you like them, check out He loves me, He loves me not, The Princess and the Warrior, and Run Lola Run. I love Amelie too, but I'm sure most of you have seen it.
  23. I set my alarm clock at weird times. I always have as far back as I can remember. You may find me getting up at 4:12, 6:28 or 8:36. Don't ask, but I'd rather get up at one of those times instead of 4:15, 6:30 or 8:45.
  24. I know I have said that I have a great memory, but you may not know that I hold on to some of the most random things, like the Gettysburg Address from when I was 10 years old. Fore score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent a new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. I'm not sure if it's exactly right, but that's still in my head. Also, for having a good memory, I don't remember movies, even the ones that I've seen a million times. I can not quote them to you like some people can. That may be why I like watching movies over and over again. They don't get old when you don't really remember them.
  25. I love antiques. I can spend hours in antique stores. I think it's because I used to go with my grandmother to work (she worked at antique store). I walked around all day and each time around I would discover something new that I hadn't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment