Thursday, December 16, 2010

Calling all crafters

Can I tell you how much I love waking up at 5:00 am to go to the bathroom, only to have the husband's alarm go off when I crawl back into the warm bed?  Now, maybe I could have gotten past those two things if my dang stomach would have stopped growling so loudly.  Did I mention that I worked last night? 

I did finally manage to fall back asleep after playing on my phone (reading blogs, emails, facebook, and craigslist) for three hours!  I totally killed my battery.  What did I do again before the iphone?  It definitely wasn't lay in a warm bed with the whole world of the internet at my fingertips.  That phone is like crack when you have nothing better to do.

Speaking of crack, most people who are in the Brentwood/Franklin area are smoking some crack with their prices of their furniture on Craigslist.  I'm sorry that you over paid for your furniture, but I'm not paying $600 for your used and not that impressive furniture. 

I did find something that caught my interest.  I've been scouring the internet looking for a rocker for the nursery.  Let me say, I want a rocker that looks like a regular chair with rockers on the bottom and not one of those gliders.  Think Pottery Barn, but I'm steering clear of their $1,000 price tag for one. 

I found this chair on Craigslist today. I like the size, though it may be too big, and style.  Surprisingly, it's in Brentwood and only $50. 

Now, you're probably wondering two things:  1.  Do I actually like that color?  and 2.  That chair doesn't rock, does it?  No and No.  I want to get it reupholstered, but I have no idea where to go or how much it's going to cost.  I need some advice.  As far as the rocking, my mom's boyfriend asked to speak to me the other day when I was talking to her on the phone, turns out, he had a fantastic idea.  He told me, since it's going to be hard for me to find a rocker that I actually like the fabric of that isn't $500+, he suggested that I find a chair that I like and he can add rockers to it, as long as the legs are attached in a way that they can come off easily.    He's a great woodsman/craftsman or whatever you want to call it.  He told me that the rockers would probably cost about $50 to make, depending on the wood I choose.  I'm telling you, he and my mom are all about this baby.  I'm thankful for his suggestion because I wouldn't have thought of that. 

Now, as far as, the reupholstering, has anyone ever had anything reupholstered or know of anyone that has used a local company to do it or even that has done it themselves?  Ask your friends and family (hide yo' kids and your wife...if you haven't seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54yESyq6Io, watch it now.  It's high-larious!) for me, please.  I realize it's probably at least $200, not counting the fabric.  If anyone wants to learn how to reupholster and help me, let me know too!

No comments:

Post a Comment