Saturday, December 25, 2010

For the record

  • I can now feel the baby move!  (B, hope you didn't just throw up in your mouth a little)  It started last Tuesday. Although, I did think I felt it around 15 weeks, but not again, so I was a tad bit worried.  Well, let me just say I usually don't start to feel it until around 9:00pm.  This baby totally has night and day confused.  That's going to be loads of fun when he/she is here.  I've been feeling it pretty much every day since.  Sometimes a lot and sometimes just a few times.  Pretty much exclusively late at night, except for last night around 7:30 when Aaron and I were watching White Christmas during one of the musical numbers.  Apparently, the child likes some music. 
  • Speaking of music, Aaron bought me a Squeezebox for Christmas.  For those of you that don't know what a Squeezebox is, it's like a radio that plays different Internet and social network music.  Like, I can play the music on Facebook or on Pandora (Pandora being why I wanted it).  Ever since I experienced it at B and D's house, I have wanted one.
  • I'm totally getting sick.  Ugh.  I was just bragging last Wednesday night at work that I haven't been sick, since November of last year.  Well, flash forward to my drive home that night and suddenly my throat was sore.  I'm going to try to fight it off, but I'm pretty sure my sinuses have already thrown in the towel.  Thanks for that, my friends.
  • Ultrasound on Thursday.  Yes, we will find out the sex!  Woot!  This baby better cooperate.  I'm going to promise things like ponies, castles and candy, if he/she will just not be modest for one day.
  • We're celebrating Christmas with my family tomorrow.  I cannot wait!  I've already had a pretty fantastic Christmas.  The family time and cuddling with Aaron has been amazing.  Not to mention that everyone must think I've been good this year because I've gotten way too many gifts.  Here are some of things that I've received so far:  the Squeezebox, Juno, a zombie video game (that I lost interest in after 30 minutes, but Aaron played for an hour), two new scarves, a Baby-G watch, a new hair dryer, my Kat Von D eyeliner, multiple sweet pea hand sanitizers, date night gift cards, one for Chiles/Macaroni Grill/Maggiano's and one for the movie theater, a meat thermometer that you put into the meat your cooking, but the base stays on the counter top, lots of lotion, felt flower brooches hand made by B, candy, cold hard cash that I used for the Portia De Rosi book and my Baby Bargains book (I still have $70+ left), a cute owl figurine/decor thingy, a new Christmas ornament, and more things that I can't think of right now.  Insane, right?  I still have tomorrow too.  
  • I reached out to the Bio dad's mom, who really was the one that took care of me when I went to his house.  She's called me about a million times since and I still have not called her back, but I plan on it.  I didn't realize the bio dad lives with her, so he could answer the phone.  I did it for the baby though because I guess he/she has a right to know them.  I love my grandmother to death, so I should have reached out sooner, but it was complicated.  I'll leave it at that.  I have this bad feeling like, "What have I done?" 
  • I get to drive home on slick roads. Yea!  Not.  I love snow when I'm at home and not having to drive home at 1:00am in the morning.  I love when people keep walking in saying, "Those roads are getting bad out there."
That's it and that's all for now.  I'll have something more interesting to say later, if you're lucky!

2 comments:

  1. I know you shouldn't consume caffeine while pregnant, but I HIGHLY recommend downing a 20 oz of Mt. Dew about 30 minutes before your ultrasound...I guarantee you'll see that baby's genitalia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may do that or at least something caffeinated. I definitely don't need a sleeping baby like last time!

    ReplyDelete