Saturday, December 4, 2010

A little of this, a little of that

The O parents are no longer in the building.  Let me say that I love them dearly and I'm so glad that we got to see them.  With that being said, Aaron's mom rearranged my spice cabinet and combined things, not to mention insulted my dish at Thanksgiving.  I have to now rearrange the spices back to the logical order that I had them in, not her logical order, which is just confusing to me.  I would never touch some one's cabinets without asking them.  I told Aaron that this better not happen when she comes in to help with the baby.

Thanksgiving was otherwise very good.  Audra made some great sweet potatoes and Amara used a recipe out of one of my cookbooks for squash casserole.  It was so good!  It kind of soured my mood at Aaron's family after the comment, but at least Aaron and I got to come home alone that night.  That made up for it. 

My family's dinner was great.  My mom's boyfriend brined and fried a turkey.  I had never had one before, but it was delicious!  I didn't like the fried skin, but the meat was so tender. I love my mom's dressing too.  I look forward to it every year.  It's typical southern cornbread dressing.  Oh yeah, my sister informed us that she is pregnant too.  I think it's awesome that we can be pregnant at the same time and that our babies will be practically the same age.  I just hope it all works out.  She doesn't go to the doctor until the end of December, but as of right now, we believe that she is around 7 weeks, which means she'll be due in July.  I somehow managed to go through this holiday time without a single picture.  I need to use my camera soon.  I need some pics on this blog.

We celebrated Aaron's birthday on his birthday.  Of course, he requested his mom make enchiladas.  Well, she finally showed me how to make them!  I'm going to try my hardest to get them the same if not better.  Aaron also requested that I make him strawberry shortcake and eggplant ratatouille.  I made the shortcake on his birthday.  I made ratatouille on Monday and we ate it on Wednesday.  It's so much better on the second or third day.  It was delicious!
We started putting up the Christmas decorations.  Aaron and I are going to finish the tree today, hopefully.  I love being in the house with glowing Christmas lights everywhere.  I absolutely love Christmas time.  I love the decorations, the spirit of it, giving gifts, and, of course, the food.  I kind of dread finishing my Christmas shopping.  Usually I'm excited about it, but I think I have to many gifts left to buy.  I'm usually almost done by this point.  It's overwhelming, knowing that I only have today and next Saturday and Sunday.  Oh, and whatever days in the week I have off.  I have to work the last three Saturdays of December/January.

In other news, I'm still up 5.5 pounds.  According to one of my many pregnancy websites, it said that I've probably gained 5 pounds by week 15, so being only 0.5 pound more than that makes me feel good.  My belly defiantly has a pooch, but I think my boobs are way more noticeable.  I haven't noticed anywhere else growing yet.  I hope it stays that way at least for a little while!  I go to my doctor on Monday. Finally, I get to see her.  I know she'll be happy for me.  I'm going to try to get her to schedule the next ultrasound for the end of December.  My insurance changes in January.  It is not in favor of the pregnant woman.  I thought working for a hospital that I would have great benefits.  Well, my benefits with the state and with the American Heart Association were way better than these. Can nurses get any love, fo' reals?

I'm wrapping Christmas gifts right now.  Aaron got called into work today.  Boo.  I hate that when I'm finally off after two days, where I only see him sleeping, he has to go into work.  We're supposed to go to a Christmas party tonight, but now, we may not be going.  It all depends on when he gets off and if he feels like going.  I was looking forward to it too.  A nice cozy night at home decorating the Christmas tree sounds good too.

Oh, I watched Eat, Pray, Love the other night.  It was excellent.  You should see it, if you haven't.  So random, and there you have it.

4 comments:

  1. Amara told me about the cabbage comment! WOW!!! What a ... (does the Ordonez kids read this?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't think so, unless Amara jumps from your page to mine. Audra used to read it, but she hardly ever blogs, so that would be the only time she would read it. I told Aaron not to read it because I wrote about his gifts. He hasn't read it in a few months.

    You would think after all these years that I would be used to it, but I was pissed, I'm not going to lie. I was raised not to be rude or hurt someone's feelings, just for the sake of doing just that. Not everyone is raised the same, I'm going to leave it at that.

    It made Aaron mad when I told him too. He didn't even hear the comment at dinner. Stupid pregnancy hormones made me cry to him too...and to my mom. My feelings are even more sensitive now. I got to get used to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i remember me being extra sensitive during both pregnancies. you are going to cry a lot more. i'm sorry about the comment. I think your food is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, she said the cabbage was good, just that she didn't know why anyone would serve that at Thanksgiving..at the dinner table..in front of everyone. She's just jealous of my mad skills and lack of monotony with my meals, including Thanksgiving. Who wants to eat the same things every single year? I sure don't.

    ReplyDelete