Monday, December 13, 2010

A mini adventure!

Aaron and I braved the snow tonight.  It wasn't the snow that made it such an adventure, it was the other drivers.  Oh my goodness, we almost wrecked twice because two different people pulled out in front of us, so that we had to swerve out of the way.  It was ridiculous!  People had lost their minds out there.  Not to mention, our neighborhood, the one full of hills, had people stopped all over the place in the center of the lane with their flashers on.  Who does that!?  All because they couldn't, or should I say, didn't try to make it up the hills.  It took us an hour to get to Providence.  Seriously.  We did turn around and come home to get my car.  His truck wasn't such a good idea.  Plus, the back way we took to Providence was blocked by cop cars, so we had to turn all the way around and go the main road way. 

After making it out of our neighborhood and into Mt. Juliet, we stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up some tape, so that I can finish wrapping gifts, and to pick up one of Aaron's gift from me.  I went ahead and told him what I planned on getting him because I wanted to make sure that I was making  a good purchase.  Needless to say, not at that Wal-Mart because they were sold out, but at the other Wal-Mart across town, I bought him a Xbox 360.  I was dead set against this in the beginning because we have a Play Station 3 and a baby on the way, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized, that we aren't going to be able to get everything we want when the baby gets here, so this is his last big gift for a little while.  Plus, I want this to be a special Christmas, since it's the last time, it'll just be the two of us.  Yes, I know, presents don't make Christmas special.  I don't need a Christmas lecture.  Giving does make it special and I gave him what he really, really wanted (a baby and an Xbox :) ).  He's so excited.  He's setting it up now.  He's not one of those guys that plays all the time though and for that I'm grateful. 

Oh and just so you guys can think that I've completely lost my mind, I asked him to get me a video game for the Play Station 3.  I was actually going to buy it for him, but I kept talking about it.  It's in my stocking now.  It has zombies!  Yes!  I know, you guys are shaking your heads in shame now.

Speaking of zombies and zombie lands, I loved being out tonight.  The later we were out, the less people were out. It was just us and the salt trucks driving in the white snow.  I would love for it to be like that all the time.  It was so peaceful and everything looked so serene. 

We went to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie.  I also loved being one of five people in the theater watching it.  Snow is great time to catch a new movie.  I can't wait to read that series to my kids.  We have the Ordonez family set from when they were kids and the O mom read it to them. 

Tonight was perfect.  We laughed, cuddled, and enjoyed each other's company.  I'm going to savor every night that we have left like tonight.  Speaking of which, on Christmas Eve, we plan on it just being the two of us.  I'm roasting a chicken, making mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, roasted carrots and parsnips, rolls and an apple pie.  We're going to feast and then watch White Christmas (and maybe The Polar Express), play Scrabble, drink hot chocolate and open our Christmas gifts.  It will probably be the best night of the year.  It's definitely something I've been looking forward to for a while.  Have I mentioned lately, how much I love my husband? 

No comments:

Post a Comment