Monday, December 13, 2010

A puzzle smack down

Oh yeah, Saturday night we went to Aaron's boss's party.  They always do a dirty santa, where they supply all the gifts.  I scored yet again this year because I came home with two different serving pieces and last year I did the same.  Aaron sacrificed for me, two years in row. 

The highlight of the evening was not the dirty santa game, it was the big gift giveaway, which was a tool bag, which costs $130 alone, filled with hundreds of dollars worth of tools.  Aaron told me that he really wanted it and that whatever we had to do to get it, he wanted us to do it.  No pressure, right?  Well, finally they explained what we all had to do.  We had to work a 100 piece puzzle in teams of two, which worked out because just about everyone arrived with their wives or girlfriends. 

Well, let me just tell you guys, we won!  We worked a Sponge Bob puzzle so fast.  We came from behind too.  There was another couple there and they were ahead of us, but they didn't use our strategy.  I told Aaron that I would build the edges, if he would start building the main characters in the puzzle, Spongebob and Gary.  It turns out, that was the way to do it, because when I finished the border and he had what he had done, we were over halfway finished and then just worked to fill in the gaps.  We were both shaking by the end because we knew it was close.  It was exhilarating to win too!  Everyone needs a little dose of competition every now and again.

I think I have the happiest man alive right now.  An Xbox, his bag full of tools, and a baby on the way, it's been a pretty great Christmas for him already and it's not even Christmas yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment