Saturday, June 11, 2011

Monthly May Tales

Forgive me, this list will be short.  I'm not even sure what happened before Nola was born.  May was more awesome than this list shows.  How could it not, we welcomed our baby to the world!

.  Nola's birthday, May 18  .
.  having my mom and husband with me in my hospital room  .
.  having my first sub sandwich after Nola was born (not so good was seeing it again the next day, blah)  .
.  having my mother-in-law's help during the first weeks  .
.  getting my shower gifts from my work, even though I didn't get to go  .
.  having my boss call and check in and bring said shower gifts to my house  .
.  the full moon (I believe the hype now)  .
.  celebrating mother's day at my house with my family  .
.  seeing Aaron bawl like a baby when he held Nola for the first time  .
.  finally shaking Nola's jaundice  .
.  Qdoba naked burritos  .
.  co-sleeping with a baby (I know I said I'd never do this)  .
.  perfecting my roasted vegetable lasagna  .
.  making two Target trips and having Nola sleep through them  .
.  milkshakes from Baskin Robbins and a million other places  .
. chicago dogs  .
.  fitting back into most of my clothes  .
.  having a lady at Target tell me I look incredible to have a one week old  .
.  Fisher Price...I love you guys!  .
.  Calypso St.Barth line at Target  .
.  getting a mother's day card and gift from Mr. O and not expecting it  .
.  having a great nurse, who did get somewhat annoyed with me, during delivery  .
.  having enough gift cards to get my breast pump  .
.  moving the dresser up and getting things done in the nursery  .
.  having people cover my shifts at work, just in case  .
.  cicadas..yeah, just kidding  .
.  having lovely friends stop in to visit and bring food  .

No comments:

Post a Comment