Saturday, June 25, 2011

Things I'm loving right now

Lately, I've tried some things that have been amazing.  I figured, I should share the love for them.  Try them, you will like them.

Essex.  Have you been here yet?  My friend, Christy, told me that I had to go for baby things.  Aaron and I had already been once and we thought it was dirty and junky.  We had not planned on going back.  Well, I decided, with the impending baby, to give it a try.  Oh my goodness, you must go!  Now, you'll have to dig.  I spent an hour and half in there the first day, but it was so worth it.  We ended up taking some of the things that we got back to Babies R Us and using the credits for other things, since we found some of the items dirt cheap.  As for instance, we found a different, but similar pattern, of our car seat and the extra base for around $104.  My mother-in-law, with coupons, had bought our car seat and extra base for $180 at Babies R Us.  The key is to look at the dates on the price tags.  If it's been there a certain amount of days, then it's even cheaper because they take off different percentages based on the length of time it's been in stock.  Aaron, Mr. I-hate-shopping, loves that place.  Here are some of the steals that we found:
ERGObaby Baby Carrier - Black with Camel Lining -  ErgoBaby - Toys"R"Us
Our Ergobaby carrier, listed at $114.99 at Babies R Us.  We got it for $63.99.

Graco SnugRider Infant Car Seat Frame Stroller - Graco  - Babies"R"Us
The Graco Snap and Go, $74.99 at Babies and $21.99 at Essex
(We got lucky on this one.  It had been there over 40 days, so it was 40% off)

UPPAbaby G-Luxe Stroller
Uppababy G-Luxe Stroller, $189.99 on Amazon and $87.99 at Essex.
This was another steal it was 50% of it's price tag of $173.99.  I love, love, love it! 

My Brest Friend Deluxe Wearable Nursing Pillow - Green - Zenoff Products  - Babies"R"Us
My brest friend, $47.99 at Babies and $25.99 at Essex
I started out with a Boppy, but honestly, I couldn't get comfortable with it because it doesn't support a baby who can't hold their neck in the right position.  This does. 

Fisher-Price Bouncer - My Little Snug-a-Bunny - Fisher-Price  - Babies"R"Us
Snug Bunny Bouncer.  Aaron's aunt paid $64 at Target and we got it at Essex for $35.

Beaba Multiportions - Green - Scandinavian Child  - Babies"R"Us
Beaba food storage for baby food, $25 at Babies $13 at Essex
These are just some of things.  I've gotten things like Bassinet sheets, a Sophie the giraffe teether, the Bumbo play tray, my breastfeeding cover, etc. for major deals.  I love this store because I love saving money!
Gwenyth Paltrow's new cookbook.  I checked it out at the library this week.  Now, I know she probably had a lot of help from her celebrity chef friends, but the cookbook is good.  I like that she uses natural and good for you food, not to mention, most of dishes are things that I would definitely make.  I can't wait to try some of them out.  I'm going to add this to my Christmas list.
My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness
Bravado nursing bras and tanks at Target.  They are so much more comfortable than the Gillian O'Malley ones I bought, which aren't bad at all for the price, but I should have just coughed up the extra for the Bravado ones in the beginning.  They will rock your world.

Product Image

Secrets of a Stylist.  I love this show!  I watched Design Star the season that Emily Henderson, the host, won.  She was instantly my favorite.  I love just about everything she does.  She mixes new and old.  That's my kind of stylist.  Plus, she has a great sense of fashion.  I would wear just about everything that she does.  We both have a penchant for plaid button up shirts. I just discovered that she has a blog, so now I'm following that too.


My labor play list.  Seriously, I can not get enough.  You should download some of the songs.  You will love it. 













2 comments:

  1. Must go to Essex now. You really got some deals. I've always avoided that place but have to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you need to! It's so addictive!!

    ReplyDelete