Thursday, June 9, 2011

Updates

I made this entry at work the night before I went into labor.  Looks like my praying and wanting her to come that night worked.  I thought I finished the entry, but apparently I never posted it.  Craziness.
Yeah, so I'm not keeping up with this blog like I need to.  Any followers, still left?  I can't believe that May is closer to the end than the beginning.  Time is flying by.  I don't even have a kid yet!  I'm sure it'll be even harder then.  Of course, I won't be working for FOUR glorious months!  Aaron keeps saying, "You do know that you have to go back, right?"  Yeah, yeah, husband, I know.

So, news that has happened over the last month that you may or may not know:
  • The baby was measuring small, so I had to have an ultrasound.  Turns out she's bigger than my doctor thought.  Looks like she'll be closer to 7-7.5 pounds.  Ouch.  I guess I really am all baby.
  • I have one more work day left and I'm home free and don't have to work anymore.  Woot!  Yes, I've managed to make it this far working.  I'm very grateful for that.  I welcome her to come tonight, so I don't have to work tomorrow.
  • Speaking of that, two weeks ago my doctor told me that I could go at anytime.  As if you wanted to know about my private parts, I am 100% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and the child is at 0 station or engaged to come down.  Yeah, I've been 100% effaced for almost two weeks.  It's craziness.  Apparently, this child is stubborn.  I'm hoping this means that my labor will proceed quickly, since I don't have to wait to dilate and efface.  My doctor said at the very least I should be a few days before my due date, which is 8 days from today.
  • I'm still planning on going naturally.  I've been reading a childbirth book, which I'm almost finished with and I feel pretty prepared.
  • False labor sucks.  Yeah, I had false labor for 4.5 hours last Monday night.  I only slept for two hours.  My back hurt so bad and the pressure in my pelvis was insane.  I didn't even realize that my stomach was getting tight for the longest time.
  • I have tried everything to get this child to come. I've walked, did squats, tried jogging, sat on my yoga ball, did pelvic tilts, soaked in a warm tub, and had lots of sex.  Yes, you wanted to know that too.
  • Tonight is the full moon.  My fingers are crossed that there is some truth to the old wives tale.
  • My mother-in-law came into town for my family shower.  She brought the curtain that she made and the baby bedding.  She did a phenomenal job.  Seriously, it looks better than the $250 bumper on Etsy.  I told her she should open her own Etsy shop. 
  • The nursery is coming along.  We still don't have it finished, but honestly, I'm not too worried about it, since she won't be sleeping in there for months anyways.  It is going to look so good though.  Pictures will follow when it's complete!
  • I felt great until the last few weeks.  Now, I'm tired and ready.  I'm going to miss being pregnant though.  I really have been lucky. 
  • We seem to be pretty prepared.  I have an extra pair of scrub pants and pads at work in case my water breaks.  Our bags (including snacks, water, reading material, camera, ipod player, ipod, baby bag, clothes, towels, toiletries that can be tossed after our stay, hard candy for labor, etc.) are officially packed and sitting at the foot of our bed.  The pack and play is up.  The swing and bouncy seat our up.  The bassinet is beside our bed and ready.  There are wipes and diapers in the bonus room, our room , and the nursery.  All clothes 3 months and under are washed and put away.  I still have tons of clothes to wash from all the showers that are larger sizes.  The car seat is in Aaron's truck.  The house is fairly clean, but I'll be doing more if I don't  have this child by Thursday.  Oh the funniest thing probably is the fact that on my side of the bed there is plastic covering the mattress and I'm sleeping on an extra really thick comforter, just in case my water breaks.  We did this all in about 4 or 5 days when my doctor told us that she could come any day now.
  • We had three baby showers.  I still have one more to go.  It's my work one.  They are hoping that I make it, but chances are, I won't be there. 
  • I have eaten more junk than I care to admit too.  Oh, chicago dogs, why do I love you so.  I'm very lucky that I've only gained 26 pounds.  I've eaten 26 pounds of Reese's. I'm sure and drank gallons of Dr. Pepper.
  • I really want to see Bridesmaids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment