Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Slacking, much?

Seriously, I can't seem to balance out everything right now.  I keep wanting to blog and thinking about all these thoughts and things that are blog worthy, but I'm either too tired, it's 3:00, 4:00, or 5:00 a.m. and I'm breastfeeding, I have a million other things to do or I have my Nola girl attached to me and she really doesn't like computer time.  I keep telling her to give it a try and it'll grow on her, but no dice so far.

My baby girl is 11 weeks old today.  Seriously, time is flying by.  She's doing much better at night, however, she still doesn't want to go down until like midnight.  She's a tiny party animal.  I was always a night owl until the last few years, so I think maybe she's just taking after me.  Anyone with any suggestions on how to remedy this situation is much appreciated.  That is, anything, but the cry it out method.  I can't do it.  Hearing her cry is like nails on a chalk board.  I swear, my brain is like, "Do something, do something, do something!"

We're slowly figuring out this parenting thing at the O house, so things are slowly getting back to normal.  I made meatloaf, maple-glazed carrots, and green beans on Monday night.  I had a screaming baby for most of it, but it felt good to catch a glimmer and feel like my pre-baby self.  I think that part of the parenting thing is figuring out who you are now.  If you're like me, you want to morph your former self with being a mom.  I could never just be a mom or wife.  Those are just two things on a list of things that define who I am.  Kudos, to the people who bend over backwards and give up what they love for the little people in their life.  I may eat my words later, but I have to have some outlet for myself too.

Hopefully, I'll be blogging more often now that things are settling down.  I'll leave you with a picture I took yesterday.  Can you handle all that cuteness?

1 comment:

  1. Routine. Routine. Routine. Get that baby on a routine, including a napping and bedtime routine and maybe she'll crash a little earlier. And definitely do baths at night, she'll learn that after bathtime is bedtime. Don't let her nap past 4 or 5pm.

    ReplyDelete