Friday, August 19, 2011

three.months.old

Nola Gray is three months old!  It's hard to believe that I've been home that long.  My return to work is looming around the corner, three weeks from yesterday to be exact.  That makes me sad.  I'm going to savor every moment until then. 

Here are some things that are going on in Nola's world right now.
  • Until the last two nights for almost two weeks, she's been sleeping 5-7 hours at night, beginning somewhere between 10:00-11:30.  The last two nights have been rough. I think she must be going through a growth spurt because she wants to nurse more during the day too.
  • She laughed out loud last week.  It was the most awesome thing ever!   Of course, it was Mr. O that got her to do it.  It was great because we were at my nephew's birthday party, so my family got to hear it too.  We scared her because we all screamed out in delight and she looked at us like we were crazy. 
  • She's been napping about 2-3 hrs in the morning, except this morning *sigh* and then takes two shorter naps in the afternoon/evening.  I've been working hard to get a schedule down before I go back to work.
  • She's holding toys now.  It's cute.  She doesn't want to let them go.  Her favorite is a toy cell phone that my mom got her. 
  • She started pulling hair yesterday.  Luckily, it was her own.  She had a death grip on it though. I had to pry her hand away.  Can't wait until it's my own hair, which reminds me, I need to cut all my hair off and watch out when I wear earrings.
  • Bath time is getting better.  She hated it at first.  I even got a few smiles from her in the last bath. 
  • I've started packing away clothes.  How sad is that?  Newborns and some of her smaller 0-3 months are too small now. 
  • I took her measurements this morning and got just shy of 24 inches in height, a little over 15 inches for head circumference, and 13.5 pounds in weight.  FYI, she's tall, average weight, and has a small head with an extremely large brain.  :)
  • She no longer takes a paci.  Yep, she just wants me to pacifier her.  That is frustrating.  I guess I should be grateful that I won't have to break paci habits later.
  • She is talking a lot.  Baby babble is adorable.  It's funny because she'll get louder and louder, like why can't you understand what I'm saying.  
  • She's a momma's girl right now.  We'll see if that changes when I go back to work.  Right now, she's all about me, which is so great and exhausting at the same time.
  • Her eyes are still blue.  We know they are going to be lighter because they lightened, but whether they'll be blue, green, hazel or light brown is still up in the air.  My mom said my eyes stayed blue until I was two and then went hazel.  I hope we don't have to wait that long to find out her true color.
  • She finally likes her play gym/mat.  Thank you, Misty!  She'll talk her baby babble and kick her legs and arms for around 15 minutes or so before getting restless.  She also will grab one of the toys that hang down and just lay there holding it. 
  • She's absolutely adorable.  See below. 







No comments:

Post a Comment