Monday, August 22, 2011

Kids don't know how lucky they are

Don't even get me started on school supplies.  Those lucky little ducks.  That's a whole other entry because I love me some school supplies, see here.  The main reason they are lucky are new school clothes.  What I wouldn't give to have a reason to get an entire new wardrobe.  Kids take their back to school clothes for granted.  After school is over and you're paying for your own things, don't expect to get a closet full of new clothes at the start of every late summer/early fall. 

Now, as I got older, I didn't take the school clothes for granted.  In fact, I bought most of my clothes myself, beginning in junior high.  I felt bad asking my parents to pay for my clothes, especially when they were expensive.  I remember trying to get the most for my money.  Maybe that's when my thrifty ways began.

I still look forward to the August and September issues of fashion magazines.  They are always the best.  I may have been sporting Jncos (which were hella expensive for a high school student on a crappy job income to buy), but I was still reading up on Vogue, Seventeen, and Elle come August and September. 

Maybe that's part of the reason that I love fall so much.  There is a newness in the air, not to mention that nice cool breeze that takes the horrendous summer heat away.  I can't wait for fall fashion season.  You better believe that I'll be propped up, probably while feeding the child, scanning those magazines for ideas and, of course, reading some fashion blogs. 

As part of the make-the-transition-back-to-work-go-smoothly, I've already told Aaron that I'm buying some new scrubs to wear and I ordered this lunch box.  That, my friends, comforts my heart a little bit.  See, old habits die hard, but I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment